We believe the most powerful marketing happens in-person. Our mission is to develop the most innovative event technology on the planet to help marketers reach and engage their target audiences in-person. From simplifying event asset creation to capturing attendee insights and measuring event impact, Splash enables marketers to efficiently scale event programs and connect event-driven engagement to business results. More than half of the Fortune 500 use Splash to streamline event marketing execution and optimize performance.
About the role:
As Director of Demand Generation, you’ll own all of the programs, campaigns and tactics that contribute to marketing’s opportunity, pipeline and revenue goals. Each quarter, you’ll work backwards from our goals to develop our plan for hitting those goals through a creative use of demand generation tactics and strategies that are aligned to our overall sales and customer expansion approaches. Our successful candidate knows that there’s a time and a place to apply the Demand Waterfall methodology and equally understands the time and place for account-based marketing. They will have experience with creating demand under both models and will bring this two-prong approach to Splash. The successful candidate will also understand how funnel optimization changes the need to deliver more volume and will have experience and a toolkit of tactics aimed at constant testing and optimization. Finally, our ideal candidate will be our liaison with sales and will build great relationships with them by speaking a common language, revenue.
- Lead the demand generation function to drive predictable, scalable, and repeatable pipeline and revenue.
- Propose, develop, test and execute multi-channel acquisition programs that seamlessly integrate events, digital, content, email, web, direct mail, paid advertising, social and account-based marketing.
- Own the demand funnel for our freemium offering by developing the right scoring, in-product CTAs/conversion paths, nurturing, and routing practices and partnering with product, marketing operations, sales and BDR on an integrated approach that maximizes its revenue contribution.
- Partner with sales, BDR, and customer success to develop creative account-based programs that open new and expansion opportunities with high-potential, enterprise accounts.
- Work with content team to develop content distribution plans across marketing channels that lead to opportunity creation and pipeline acceleration (social networks, paid ads, content syndication, blog, display, web and email)
- Work with the events team to strategize on the overall event plan and build audiences for each event that ultimately translate to revenue.
- Work with product marketing to bring go-to-market plans for new products and features to market in a way that opens and accelerates opportunities.
- Own our lead nurturing programs and consistently optimize them to expedite opportunity creation, pipeline acceleration, and closed-won revenue.
- Bring a testing and optimization framework to each approach, constantly striving to improve past performance.
- Liaise and partner with sales, business development, and customer success to ensure we are getting the most value out of each and every demand program.
- Gain a deep understanding of the Splash value prop and messaging so you can translate it into effective copy for emails, landing pages and other demand assets.
- Establish KPIs for all programs, create results forecasts, and track performance to ensure marketing plans are delivering expected business outcomes.
- 4-7 years experience in B2B marketing, demand generation and/or account-based marketing experience, preferably at SaaS or technology companies.
- Deep experience planning and managing demand generation programs that produce high quality opportunities and create exponential revenue.
- Previous experience running account-based campaigns and a track record of success for penetrating key accounts.
- An understanding and hands-on experience with key demand creation approaches, including digital advertising, website optimization, nurture programs, email, events, webinars, demand partnerships, content syndication, sponsorships, and more.
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability to use data to test and optimize campaign performance and inform future strategies.
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to influence and motivate team members, especially those that don’t report to you.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage various projects based on the current business requirements and landscape.
- Ability to flourish in an extremely fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience.
- Event marketing or event technology experience a plus.
If you’re interested in joining our growing team, please send us your resume. We can’t wait to meet you!
Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a full suite of benefits, medical, dental and vision.
At Splash, we believe that big ideas and great communities come from a team that celebrates diversity of all kinds. We are committed to being an equal opportunity workplace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.