About the role:
As Senior Product Designer, Experience -- you will work closely with the broader Product and Engineering teams, to bring a consistent, end-to-end experience to Splash’s mobile applications and corresponding web platform. You must also be passionate about developing design strategies, based off of the insights of real people, you have the mastery of craft to turn these insights into beautifully designed products and inspires the team by showing/prototyping what is possible before it is built.
What you’ll do:
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle. You set the vision for the user experience and work with others to iterate towards that vision
- Work with cross-functional teams. You'll partner closely with engineering and product to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges
- Be autonomous. You'll take full ownership of your work and you take responsibility for every detail each step of the way.
- Inspire what's possible by quickly producing multiple concepts, knowing when to apply attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes
- Communicate clearly to present your work at different stages
- Actively participate in design critiques to give and receive feedback from other designers to make your work stronger
- Ability to think long- and short-term to meet the constraints of a continuous release process while iterating toward a future vision
Who you are:
- You have at least 5-7 years of experience designing at consumer-focused tech companies, mostly for mobile experiences (some web too).
- You're an excellent communicator and can clearly articulate your design decisions
- You have a user-focused design mentality and are constantly looking to sharpen your instincts through user feedback and insight
- You have the ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
- You have experience in building and shipping applications or software
- You have a portfolio featuring examples of interaction design work
- You care as much about the user-interface as you do the experience
- You are excited to help build a design culture at Splash
*Please include a link to your portfolio when applying - thank you!
If you’re interested in joining our growing team, please send us your resume. We can’t wait to meet you!
Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a full suite of benefits, medical, dental and vision.
At Splash, we believe that big ideas and great communities come from a team that celebrates diversity of all kinds. We are committed to being an equal opportunity workplace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.