About the Role
At Spin, we give people the Freedom to Move. Spin Mobility is an essential service that provides shared electric scooters in your area, enabling our customers easy access to safe, reliable transportation.
Our Community Partnerships and Market Operations teams are looking for an enthusiastic, social, and organized Outreach and Events Specialist to represent Spin in Pittsburgh.
As the Outreach and Events Specialist you will support a comprehensive outreach and engagement strategy by cultivating strong relationships with community partners. You will engage the public with regular events, representing Spin and being an advocate for safe riding. This position reports to the Market Manager in Pittsburgh.
- Appear on behalf of Spin at events (safety demonstrations, street fairs, parades, group rides, job fairs), and coordinate support with third-party resources when needed
- Manage a schedule of outreach, meetings, and events
- Interact with businesses, riders, and pedestrians to answer questions about Spin and ensure safe ridership and correct parking
- Act as Spin’s Brand Ambassador at all in-market events, with the goal of signing up new users, delivering safety content, and promoting our Spin Access equity program
- Support operations with fleet deployment and collection, as needed
- Strong cultural competence and ability to communicate effectively with all users and groups
- Dynamic presentation skills, comfortable speaking publicly to diverse audiences
- Must be 18 years or older with two years of driving experience
- Ability to travel in support of activities in neighboring markets
- Proficient computer user (systems, dashboards, and spreadsheets)
- Ability to lift 50 lb scooters (with or without accommodation)
- A valid driver's license
- A smartphone and comfort multitasking with mobile apps
- High school degree or equivalent, with some higher education coursework completed
- Action and results oriented
- Ability to work multiple shifts, including weekends
- Familiarity with local streets and neighborhoods
- Proficiency or greater in Spanish
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness, Home Office & Internet perk for salaried roles
- A monthly Mental Health Day-Off for salaried roles
- WeWork Pass (eligible remote salaried FTE)
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Spin is a micromobilty company that operates fleets of rental electric bikes and electric scooters in cities and campuses across the United States and Canada. Spin launched the first-ever stationless bike share program in the United States and was instrumental in crafting the world’s first mobility permitting system that is now used around the world. Spin is known for its city- and campus-friendly approach to micromobility, and was the first operator to deploy a number of technology innovations to improve rider compliance, such as sidewalk riding detection technology. Spin consists of a diverse team of experienced professionals from the public sector, private sectors, and the transportation advocacy world, all of whom are committed to fulfilling the company’s mission - to help create a world full of 15-minute cities.
For more information visit https://www.spin.app