At Spin, we give people the Freedom to Move. Spin Mobility is an essential service that provides shared electric scooters and/or bikes in your area, enabling our customers easy access to safe, reliable transportation.
We are hiring repair technicians to maintain our fleet of electric scooters and e-bikes! This role is great for mechanically-inclined professionals to work directly with the operations side of our business. Spin provides tools and training - as a Spin mechanic you will be encouraged to do your best work!
You will work with the latest Spin electric hardware, from routing repairs, diagnosing new issues, to rebuilds. We offer full benefits for all full-time employees.
We will provide on the job training
- Perform comprehensive repairs on electric scooters and/or e-bikes
- Assist in inventory management to ensure the Maintenance team has the parts and equipment they need on hand or on order
- Ensure that all scooters and/or e-bikes are accurately marked for repair within the Spin Team app to reflect their state of health
- Conduct safety checks and perform preventative maintenance to ensure our scooters and/or e-bikeshare safe to ride
- Use mobile apps and spreadsheets to track repairs, parts supply, and scooter and/or e-bike status
- Be a collaborative member of your regional and Spin’s nation-wide mechanic team
- Must be 18+ years of age
- Problem-solving mindset & technical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and carry scooters/e-bikes, related components/parts, and tools weighing up to 80-90 lbs (with or without reasonable accommodation)
- A smartphone, and comfort with using unfamiliar mobile apps
- Proficiency in English (firmly required)
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills; commitment & desire to work well with others
- Previous experience repairing electric scooters or bikes
- Prior technician or repair experience, ideally on vehicles or electronics
- Proactive, communicative orientation and collaboration style
- Familiarity using various power and hand tools (ie: hoists, grinders, drills, etc.)
The Benefits (Full-time only)
- PTO – Accrued Vacation & Sick
- Cell Phone Stipend + Commuter Benefits
- Medical (Cigna, HSA + Kaiser), Dental (Principle), + Vision (Principle)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) + Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance (Lincoln Financial - Life/Travel/EAP + Short Term Disability Insurance)
- 401(k) saving plan
Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.