Spin’s mission is to make daily living more efficient and enjoyable by reducing barriers to transportation and improving access to education, jobs, healthcare and more through a world full of 15-minute cities. As one of the leading micromobility companies and a wholly owned subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, Spin partners with local communities and governments to bring sustainable, affordable and reliable e-scooter and e-bike programs to cities in North America and Europe. We are a diverse group of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, tech and policy experts from around the world. We believe in inclusivity and building powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and purpose which is to give more people the freedom to move. Learn more www.spin.app (edited)
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our Analytics team to generate insights and build data products that will allow us to answer some of our toughest questions to help us innovate and grow. You will be solving challenging business problems, performing statistical analyses and identifying and solving data quality issues. You will be collaborating with engineering and product teams to define data requirements and shape strategic direction. If you are passionate about using data to solve hard problems, we want to hear from you!
Our team consists of people that are passionate about creating finely polished and intuitive experiences and, at the same time, obsess over performance and reliability of what we build. We challenge the status quo and strive towards finding the best way to solve problems.
We work in small collaborative groups to keep processes and overhead low, so we have a lot of trust and autonomy to perform the work required to build the best product.
- Analyze data and develop data models to enable self-serve insights at scale
- Define business metrics that measure the health of our business and product
- Collaborate with product, engineering, finance, business and operations teams to translate business insights into decisions and actions
- Develop dashboards and frameworks to monitor business and product performance
- Design and analyze A/B and multivariate tests to measure business impact
- Degree in a quantitative field like analytics, statistics, economics, computer science, or applied math
- Minimum of 5 (3 with advanced degree) years of relevant experience in data science or analytics role
- Advanced SQL skills
- Experience in Python (preferred) or R including data science and visualization libraries
- Extensive experience creating data visualizations with tools like Looker (preferred), Tableau or Mode
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners to build the business
- Experience with Github / Gitlab and source control
- Experience contributing to or developing an ETL using such tools as Airflow and dbt
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.