About SpinSpin’s mission is to make daily living more efficient and enjoyable by reducing barriers to transportation and improving access to education, jobs, healthcare and more through a world full of 15-minute cities. As one of the leading micromobility companies and a wholly owned subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, Spin partners with local communities and governments to bring sustainable, affordable and reliable e-scooter and e-bike programs to cities in North America and Europe. We are a diverse group of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, tech and policy experts from around the world. We believe in inclusivity and building powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and purpose which is to give more people the freedom to move. Learn more www.spin.app
About the Role
The Sr Manager, Community Partnerships - US, oversees all Community Partnerships strategy and activities for our major cities across the United States.
This role works closely with the Head of Community Partnerships, U.S. to set priorities for the team. This role helps to manage hourly Outreach and Events Specialists in top-tier markets in collaboration with local Operations leadership. The Manager oversees all day-to-day partnerships activities, all planning activities related to markets in their region, and develops mid- and long-term strategies and opportunities that align with Spin’s business objectives and deliver maximum value to the company.
- Support the growth of Spin's programs and customer acquisition in the region assigned, including existing markets and new markets where Spin is competing to operate
- Scope high-value opportunities for Spin, oversee a large volume of events and campaigns (virtual and on-the-ground) to support permit objectives and rider growth
- Plan for quarterly events and investments via the ongoing development of engagement plans and budgets for all strategic markets - build a strategy that enables Spin to meet all key permit objectives and achieve competitive advantage
- Oversee 3 to 6+ Outreach and Events Specialists in collaboration with Ops - this role will have a dotted line to the CP Manager
- Track and report the success of partnerships and campaigns using metrics outlined in OKRs - consistently deliver high performance
- Plan, develop, and execute initiatives that contribute to company-wide objectives - execute on local relationships with community organizations, advocacy groups, business improvement districts, and other community partners in all regional markets
- Own Community Partnerships sections in city proposals that help Spin win scooter slots - for all markets in the Manager’s region
- Track all market-specific and regional partnership, opportunity, and engagement activity in Salesforce and other platforms
- For internal candidates looking to be promoted - consistent track record of delivering a high-volume of partnerships, demonstrated ability to plan and execute strategy in 5+ key markets (Tier 0-2) with minimal oversight, ownership of CP portion of RFP response with minimal oversight, demonstrated initiative owning the strategic growth of a Spin campaign, program, or internal initiative
- 10+ years of business development, strategic partnerships, transportation advocacy, or government relations or 5+ years with an advanced degree.
- Consistent track record establishing high-value alliances with large, influential organizations
- Ability to discover, qualify, and execute alliances quickly with partners.
- Strategic problem solver with experience crafting playbooks for engagement
- Dynamic interpersonal and presentation skills with proven ability to give public presentations to diverse audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communicator for various audiences (community groups, city officials, internal stakeholders)
- Ability to prioritize and manage a high volume of correspondence and campaign execution
- Confident converting networks and leads to partners with a collaborative approach
- Strong project management skills and excellent attention to detail
- Skilled with Salesforce, spreadsheets, and data management tools
- Strong network and existing relationships with organizations in designated region highly preferred
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness, Home Office & Internet perk for salaried roles
- Discount on Ford automobiles
- Discount on Avis car rentals
- A monthly Mental Health Day-Off for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.