Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
Spin’s Public Policy team is actively formulating and advancing regulations, policies, and strategies to make shared micromobility an essential option for people everywhere. We have the ambition to enter markets across Europe, including jurisdictions that have yet to welcome micromobility, and we are looking for someone to help make that happen.
For many reasons, 2021 is poised to be an exciting year for shaping the future for micromobility and crafting the foundation for more sustainable cities across Europe. As a fast evolving industry, you will be joining our team with the chance to make a meaningful difference in developing new policy and regulatory frameworks that advance the adoption of micromobility, and further solidify its place within local transportation ecosystems.
We’re looking for a proactive, motivated, and strategic-minded professional who is passionate about mobility and ready to lead our public-policy efforts across Europe. As our Director of Public Policy, Europe, this person would run efforts to develop and advance our regulatory and legislative priorities, shape regulatory frameworks, implement strategic initiatives to position Spin as a policy leader, manage consultants and/or direct reports, and support the company’s expansion into new markets.
The ideal candidate has a willingness to work in a fast-paced and highly competitive environment, has a strong background in working collaboratively with or within governments and public agencies, has a track-record of developing and achieving legislative and regulatory priorities across multiple markets, and has experience in or knowledge of transportation policy.
- Work collaboratively internally and cross-functionally to achieve Spin’s public policy priorities across all levels of government, including analyzing and advancing legislation and regulations across multiple jurisdictions.
- Help formulate, communicate, implement, and oversee Spin’s positions/objectives on various policy and regulatory matters, including for new and emerging markets, services, and products.
- Engage effectively and in good-faith with government officials and staff to advance Spin’s objectives.
- Work with and manage external consultants to pursue Spin’s policy objectives.
- Support cross-functional efforts to grow markets and to expand into new ones, such as assisting with strategies related to tender submissions or other policy-related initiatives.
- Help represent Spin in relevant associations or organizations, as well as on panels, conferences, and events.
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- 12+ years experience working in public policy, government, lobbying, public affairs, and/or transportation.
- Experience working with or working within government and facilitating complex and sensitive conversations as part of high-stakes relationships, particularly on legislation and regulations.
- Experience with managing external consultants and/or direct reports and with collaborating with organizations related to public policy issues.
- Track record of managing successful legislative and regulatory efforts.
- Perfect writing skills.
- Strategic, creative-minded team-player and doer.
- Passionate about advancing accessible, sustainable modes of personal mobility.
- Working knowledge of transportation policy, especially micromobility/mobility policy.
- A combination of policy, political, and private-sector experience.
- A highly-competitive and “whatever it takes” mindset.
- Experience working across multiple European countries.