Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the role
We are looking for a senior mechanical engineer to help us make the best possible scooters. You will be developing features for existing and new scooters. You will work on everything from the chassis, wheels, motor, brakes, display, or add on user features. Our scooters get used very well and you will need to determine how to take normal scooter designs and make them durable and serviceable. Come up with ideas for making the scooters better and then make them a reality!
Our team consists of people that are passionate about crafting finely polished and intuitive experiences and, at the same time, obsess over performance and reliability of what we build. We challenge the status quo and strive towards finding the best way to solve problems.
- Develop innovative features for new and existing vehicles that would make your scooter experience better
- Design projects from ideation to full production
- Collaborate with industrial designers, electrical engineers and manufacturers to develop scooter controls and deliver appealing products
- Change the future of transportation
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering and 8+ years of experience or Masters and 6+ years
- Must be creative yet organized
- Proficient with SolidWorks or Creo
- Flexible and able to adapt projects to changing product needs
- Excellent communication skills and a great teammate
- Ability to travel 25% of the year
- Injection-molded plastic parts
- Die-cast parts
- Extruded aluminum parts and welded assemblies
- Designing waterproof enclosures
- Managing suppliers
- Product development from concept to validation to deployment
- Failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA)
- Thermal/CFD simulations a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing company and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.