Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
The Director, Marketplace Efficiency will be a pivotal member of our Central Operations Team. This senior leadership role is responsible for revenue generation for the company by developing best practices for driving and meeting rider demand through the improved deployment and rebalancing of the Spin scooter fleet.
You will be defining the strategy and business requirements of supply-demand matching into technical requirements for technology development, and implementing tools and processes that optimize the daily placement of scooters in each of our markets. In this role you will be required to meet with senior operations leadership on a regular basis, as well as collaborate closely with senior members of the Central Operations, Market Operations, Engineering, Product, Data, and People teams to guide the company on all aspects of our supply-demand strategy.
The preferred location for this role is in San Francisco, but open to considering candidates within the US.
- Lead a cross-functional Marketplace Efficiency Team in designing, building, and implementing end-to-end solutions for scooter deployment, rebalancing and collection
- Collaborate on solutions with other key teams and key leaders to develop a comprehensive plan to maximize incremental profit and deliver a top of class rider experience
- Actively engage and educate Market Managers and deployment process owners on standard operating procedures, methodologies and solutions to key challenges around scooter deployment
- Lead key Strategy Summits, Sprint planning initiatives, retrospectives and other key ceremonies
- Collaborate with stakeholders; research industry trends, and understand changing customer expectations to build a multi-year vision and roadmap for the evolution of Spin’s demand matching capabilities
- Accurately identify and communicate technical needs and requirements of internal and external partners
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, Data, and Operations teams to refine product features for internal deployment tools
Qualifications / Requirements
- Master's Degree or extended coursework (Industrial Engineering, Operations Research or a background in Statistics or Forecasting preferred)
- 10+ years of professional experience; project management / business operations / strategy / management consulting
- 2+ years managing mid-senior direct reports
- Strong technical experience spanning multiple fields, including classical statistical methods, machine learning, operations research, stochastic process modeling, and database architecture
- Excellent knowledge of foundational business concepts, including managing a P&L, fixed vs. variable costs, process optimization, business process modeling, and scaling operations.
- Experience partnering with engineering and/or product teams in software development process
- Experience in large-impact, cross-functional projects within an organization
- Ability to zoom in and out rapidly, i.e. you can articulate a long-term strategic vision, and then quickly shift to developing specific tactics to achieve that vision
- Organizational leader with practical knowledge of coaching tools in team management and mentorship
- Strong analytical and data-processing skills. SQL knowledge preferred
- Strong writing and verbal communicator with excellent presentation skills
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.