Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
The Global Diversity and Inclusion Director will play a pivotal role in helping bring Spin’s core mission to life. You will do this by driving the development and implementation of our company strategy for improving the representation of historically underrepresented groups in our communities, in our policies, and within our team. You will also help us to continue improving the equal opportunity for all groups, and fostering a culture of inclusion and belonging that actively encourages all Spin team members to bring their authentic selves to work and thrive.
You will provide strategic and day-to-day leadership on all global diversity, equity, and inclusion policies, programs, and practices across Spin. You will be a trusted partner to our Leadership Team, people managers, Employee Networks (ERGs), People Team, and our employees. In this cross-functional role, you will report to our Founder & COO and help ensure that D&I is embedded as a core component of our company strategy and operations.
The preferred location for this role is in San Francisco, but open to considering candidates within the US.
- Develop, ensure leadership engagement, communicate, and drive implementation of Spin’s Global D&I Strategy, identifying the optimal intersection of D&I goals and business goals. Identify a clear and relevant corporate philosophy and core purpose for D&I at Spin.
- Champion and scale all strategic D&I initiatives globally. Track and transparently report progress.
- Work cross-functionally with senior leaders and individual contributors to identify, scope, and implement D&I initiatives.
- Ensure equity in response to regional, local, and remote employee and customer diversity needs and issues.
- Drive education and programming to continually strengthen a safe, brave, open, collaborative culture that fuels fresh ideas, challenges our thinking, and empowers our people, so they can do their best work.
- Partner with our Recruiting Team to identify and drive diversity recruiting efforts. Examples include strategic sourcing, diverse talent pools, diverse interview panels, participation at external events and diverse career fairs, blind resumes/CVs, diverse job board postings, and other innovative solutions.
- Partner with our People Team to integrate D&I initiatives into current and future workplace practices including retention, engagement, performance management, leadership development, succession planning, total rewards, internships, exit interviews, and mentoring programs.
- Influence our diversity and inclusion story collaboratively with the Communication Team to build the Spin brand as a diverse, inclusive, equitable employer, as we progress towards becoming a role model in this regard. Ensure messaging is embedded in the employer brand, policies and procedures, communications plans, marketing and advertising, customer service philosophy, and community outreach.
- Partner with the Operations Team, Business Team, and other teams to develop external-facing D&I initiatives in our markets, ensuring Spin puts its values into action when interacting with riders, government, and business partners.
- Represent the company externally at key D&I meetings and events. Build a strong public network and presence in the D&I community. Manage external social platforms providing insights and feedback.
- Set a positive standard for openness and listening. Connect in a highly accessible, approachable way so you have access to the pulse of our people, our company history, our cultures, and our aspirations in order to create an environment for true change internally and externally.
- Act as an inspiring leader and help elevate Spin’s brand.
- 7+ years of experience working in Diversity and Inclusion with demonstrated subject matter expertise. Bachelor's degree with practical experience in Human Resources, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity or related discipline.
- An empathetic leader with proven ability in coaching and mentoring.
- Proven experience with developing communications including training materials.
- A strategic, creative, and systems-based attitude with a bias towards action
- A proven track record of building and scaling D&I programs
- Ability to partner with, and coach leaders to enable a consistent, authentic, fair, and equitable approach to business and internal priorities
- A solid understanding of industry benchmarks, leading practices, and innovations in D&I
- Experience leading cross-functional and dotted-line teams, forums, and individuals
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.