Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
- Design simple and intuitive product experiences
- Help define the short and long-term roadmap for your product area
- Be open to giving and receiving design feedback
- Work with other designers and engineers to oversee new user experiences from concept to launch
- Identify the needs of Spin users and improve on existing features
- Define user specifications, flows, and interaction models
- 5+ years experience designing and shipping mobile applications
- Strong visual design skills, and solid intuition and passion for interaction design
- Ability to prototype designs (in code or using a prototyping tool)
- Technical background or a strong familiarity with software engineering
- Capable of acting as a PM when needed
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. You’ll be expected to be able to clearly communicate design decisions and write user specs
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to work in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous work environment
- Proficiency in Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other design tools
- Portfolio featuring examples of design work
- Passion for our mission at Spin
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles