Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
Being a data informed company, data helps us create exceptional experience for our customers and provide insights into the effectiveness of our product.
We are looking for Data Analytics Engineers who will design and build data models to clean and transform data sets to make quality and consumable data a first class citizen at Spin, and empower end users’ ability to answer their own questions.
You will work closely with the Data Analyst, Data Scientist and Engineers on coming up with new data models and exploring new data sources to add to our Analytic Data Warehouse.
Our team consists of engineers, analysts and data scientists who are passionate about creating finely polished and intuitive experiences and, at the same time, obsess over performance, reliability and maintainability of what we build. We challenge the status quo and strive towards finding the best way to solve problems.
- Manage data loading platforms to make sure of timely incoming raw data.
- Collect requirements from cross-department stakeholders to design and implement sophisticated data models in SQL and LookML for end user consumption inside Looker.
- Design customized data tests to guarantee quality and repeatability of data model results.
- Clearly document data models with source, description and field definitions for better collaboration, maintainability and usability.
- Help build and maintain Looker Models and Explores as well as provide training for business users on how to best utilize data.
- You will be working with BigQuery, dbt, Airflow, Python, Fivetran, Kafka, git and Looker, and we welcome new ideas.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in building and architecting data solutions.
- 3+ years of experience developing ETL workflow with SQL, preferably working with Google BigQuery.
- 2+ years of experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Looker, Mode Analytics or Tableau with Looker preferred.
- Expert in SQL and high-level languages such as Python
- Practical experience establishing and utilizing data analytics standard methodologies.
- Solid experience with ETL and orchestration tools (e.g. Airflow)
- Experience with DBT preferred.
- Strong hands-on dimensional data modeling and data warehousing skills (e.g. Kimball).
- Experience with real time streaming infrastructure like Kafka, ksqlDB or AWS Kinesis preferred.
- Worked with Cloud-based architecture such as AWS or Google Cloud
- Excellent organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Exceptional teammate who establishes positive working relationships.
- Good communication skills with the ability to express sophisticated concepts effectively.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.