Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
We are looking for a senior electrical engineer to help us make the best possible micromobility vehicles. You will be responsible for defining requirements and designing PCBAs of new vehicles. Our vehicles get very well used, you will need to determine how to design and test these new vehicles the same way they get tested on the streets and then work with other specialists to make them bulletproof. Come up with ideas for making the vehicles better and then make them a reality!
- Select and design circuit topology, components and circuit board layout
- Create and manage PCBA Bills of Material
- Perform Verification and Validation testing as required to release new designs to production
- Ability to generate requirements and work cross functionally with mechanical, thermal, and reliability engineers
- Lead test plan development, issue resolution, and lab and in-vehicle testing
- Learn, analyze and work with new technologies
- Break down sophisticated issues and collaborate across cross-functional teams to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Collaborate with the manufacturing team to develop mass production processes
- Connect with internal partners and suppliers and vendors throughout whole product lifecycle
- Complete designs using your full understanding of Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DFx) principles and practices for system design, cable harness design, cable harness routing, printed circuit board design including PCBA layout, design assembly and testing
- Work with CM’s to develop test methods, test protocols, test equipment, firmware and test fixtures to fully test PCBA and Electrical sub-systems during manufacturing
- Work with cross functional teams to develop risks and hazards analysis including development of FMEA documents to identify risks, hazards, failure modes and mitigation strategies
- Project planning and tracking, including synchronization with vendors overseas
- Minimum BS in Electrical Engineering, Physics or similar field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8 years experience designing electronic systems
- Solid understanding of electrical engineering fundamentals
- Experience designing boards with SOCs/ASICs with knowledge of EMI, signal integrity, and power
- Experience in PCB design, schematic capture and layout
- Flexible PCB design experienced a plus
- Expertise in embedded SW and its implementation
- Solid background in power electronics and embedded control systems
- Knowledge of standard interfaces (USB, SPI, I2C, PCIe, CAN, etc.)
- Knowledge of high volume consumer electronics design and manufacturing
- Project management, time management, planning and organization skills
- Experience with working in electronics lab environments and equipment
- Track record of designs that have been successfully launched into the consumer market
- Experience with Altium and layout skills a plus
- Must be well organized and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Easily conforms to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment is crucial
- Strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Some travel may be required
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.