Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
Sr. Manager, NPI and Manufacturing Engineer at Spin spans both the production of new vehicles and the lifetime serviceability of them. As a Sr. Manager, NPI and Manufacturing Engineer responsible for Fleet Serviceability, your primary role will be to develop a technical team in charge of improving our operational efficiency by designing new tools, fixtures, packaging, and processes. When you’re not in the office designing or managing projects, you’ll be in the field - engaging users, meeting with mechanics, and evaluating vendors to pair problems with solutions. As the bridge between our design engineering and fleet operations, you’ll play a critical role in the long term success of the business.
- Create and develop an in house technical team in charge of fleet serviceability and reliability. Driving creation of processes and programs to help ensure the ongoing sustainability of the business.
- Champion repair data, creating processes to allow a more accurate representation of fleet health to prioritize repair initiatives.
- Own fleet serviceability. Gather requirements from depot mechanics, customers, and vehicle telemetry to design and build tools, fixtures, and processes that improve the efficiency of repair operations, lower the cost of deployment, and improve the serviceability of the Spin fleet.
- Provide weekly updates to leadership team on the status of vehicle health and potential exposures.
- Drive R&D process with manufacturability and quality. Become a subject matter expert on light electric vehicle systems working with design engineering and operations to identify and qualify new mechanical processes that reduce cost, improve durability, or enhance performance.
- Represent serviceability and reliability requirements in NPI development. CAD parts, test prototypes, work with design engineering on system integration.
- Run technical due diligence. Make sure our suppliers are up to our standards.
- Help ensure Spin’s supply chain is setup to support high volume mass production through rigorous review of DFM, assembly process, part quality, and cost.
- Drives what matters. You never lose sight of the critical path and can evangelize others to follow it.
- Sees around corners. You are proactive, not reactive. You recognize long-range risks and know how to mitigate them.
- Fosters collaboration. A great team can do anything. You know how build trust and mediate disputes between cross-functional teams. You relentlessly communicate and encourage collaboration. You have experience leading technical teams from concept to mass production to end of life as a systems level lead or manager.
- Always finds the best solution. You take on challenges head-on and find creative ways to keep going when others have long since given up.
- Has a Deep Technical Foundation. You know your domain and feel confident putting your name on technical work. You drive system design and feedback to engineering from data given to markets.
- Has 5+ years Manufacturing, NPI Operations, or Systems Design experience with Asia suppliers.
- Can support international or domestic travel at ~25% / year.
- Has deep technical understanding in a number of the following topics such as power electronics, motor controllers, batteries, injection molding, sheet metal design, casting, rapid prototyping, mechanical assembly, DFM, serviceability, tooling design, mechatronics, and electric vehicle engineering.
- BSEE/ME or equivalent. MS preferred.
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles