Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner.
Based in San Francisco, Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers, and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin was known for launching the first stationless mobility program in Seattle, and has since expanded to become the exclusive electric scooter partner in mid-sized cities like Coral Gables, Florida and Lexington, Kentucky, and one of a few permitted scooter operators in large cities like Denver, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. The team embeds in cities and neighborhoods to understand their specific transportation needs, and hires locally from the community.
Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
About the Role
We are looking for a highly experienced data scientist to solve numerous optimization problems that will impact rider experience, operation efficiency, and help elevate business growth on a massive scale. You will be responsible for developing analytical insights, machine learning models and actionable data-infoemd solutions. You will also be experimenting with data to predict future performance. As Spin is a data informed organization, you will present findings to senior management to strengthen business decisions.
Our team consists people that are passionate about creating finely polished and intuitive experiences and, at the same time, obsess over performance and reliability of what we build. We challenge the status quo and strive towards finding the best way to solve problems.
We work in very small groups to keep processes and overhead low, so we have a lot of trust and accountability to perform the work required to build the best product.
- Apply statistical techniques to develop analyses and models toward insights improving growth, experience, and operations
- Design, build, train and test Machine Learning models
- Write production-level code to convert your ML models into working pipelines
- Create visualizations and communicate findings and collaborate cross-organizationally, to drive business understanding; identify behaviors, trends, and opportunities; and facilitate launch decisions
- Collaborate with product, data, engineering, business and operations teams to frame analytical problems and design ML solutions
- Degree in a quantitative field like statistics, economics, engineering, or applied math preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in data science role
- Knowledge of ML libraries and ability to build ML workflows
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners to build the business
- Experienced in Python
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.