Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
We are looking for a highly experienced data scientist to solve numerous optimization problems that will impact rider experience, operation efficiency, and help elevate business growth on a massive scale. You will be responsible for developing analytical insights, machine learning models, and actionable data-informed solutions. You will also be experimenting with data to predict future performance. As Spin is a data-informed organization, you will present findings to senior management to strengthen business decisions.
Our team consists of people that are passionate about creating finely polished and intuitive experiences and, at the same time, obsess over the performance and reliability of what we build. We challenge the status quo and strive towards finding the best way to solve problems.
We work in very small groups to keep processes and overhead low, so we have a lot of trust and accountability to perform the work required to build the best product.
- Apply statistical techniques to develop analyses and models toward insights improving growth, experience, and operations
- Design, build, train and test Machine Learning models
- Write production-level code to convert your ML models into working pipelines
- Create visualizations and communicate findings and collaborate cross-organizationally, to drive business understanding; identify behaviors, trends, and opportunities; and facilitate launch decisions
- Collaborate with product, data, engineering, business, and operations teams to frame analytical problems and design ML solutions
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field like statistics, economics, engineering, or applied math accepted. Operations Research Ph.D. preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a data science role
- Knowledge of ML libraries and ability to build ML workflows
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners to build the business
- Experienced in Python
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military, and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.