Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
Some of the problems that the Analytics Team works on are:
- Build a strategic partnership with cross-functional partners- Finance, Product, Marketing, Operations, Business, Hardware
- Influence and support data-driven decision making via deeper analysis and insights
- Define and measure success metrics for various initiatives
- Design, build and carry out experiments to evaluate hypotheses
- Work in partnership with Data Engineering and Data Science team to build infrastructure, machine learning models
- Build Data Products and Dashboards
- Lead and grow a team of Analysts to design and execute data-driven decision making
- Set best practices and processes for analysis, model building, experimentation design
- Partner with cross-functional teams to define strategy and vision, and align the team effort and individuals’ goals to reach there
- Create a brand for this high impact team to attract and retain top researchers and scientists
- Drive vision and strategy for Analytics team
- Define and build a strong data culture at Spin by working cross-functionally and with data leadership
- Deeply understand the business and proactively spot risks and opportunities
- Be strong people’s manager. Manage performance, career goals. Develop the next generation of leaders.
- Serve as coach and mentor to the analysts
- Advanced knowledge in Analytics, Statistics, etc. Preferred in Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Management or related disciplines
- Extensive and relevant work experience leading and growing a high-performing Analytics team
- 3+ years of experience in a management role
- 5+ years of hands-on experience and knowledge of classic and modern ML and data science tools and techniques
- A proven track record of using quantitative analysis to impact key decisions
- Experience managing and developing a team, covering both individual development as well as overall team strategy and operations
- Strong storyteller and ability to communicate effectively with managers and executives
- Ideally, strong skills in SQL, Python or R
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.