Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner.
Based in San Francisco, Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin was known for launching the first stationless mobility program in Seattle, and has since expanded to become the exclusive electric scooter partner in mid-sized cities like Coral Gables, Florida and Lexington, Kentucky, and one of a few permitted scooter operators in large cities like Denver, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. The team embeds in cities and neighborhoods to understand their specific transportation needs, and hires locally from the community.
Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
About the Role
Our Partner Success Director will be accountable for the success of strategic government and university clients and partners, while architecting our overall account management playbook. This role is perfect for a successful individual account management contributor with skills in business operations and analytics, and a career interest in management.
Spin is dedicated to providing an outstanding experience to cities and universities as they learn how to successfully regulate and manage our innovative industry. You will manage a small portfolio of very high-touch large government agencies and universities. As a trusted advisor with industry knowledge, you’ll be responsible for understanding our partners’ goals, pain points, and workflows in order to successfully drive product adoption, retention, and program expansion. As a member of our business leadership team, you’ll decide how to leverage our existing client-facing resources to support our company success goals, while charting the path for the expansion of our success team.
- Build strong relationships within a territory of national strategic partners, ensuring high market retention, expansion and satisfaction.
- Become the go-to person and escalation point for issues and opportunities by key personnel at the customer.
- Monitor customers’ health, usage and ongoing/changing needs and build and execute playbooks to assist them in maximizing value from their relationship with us.
- Track and plan for permit renewals, fleet increases, reporting needs, and other account management needs to ensure clients requirements are met and exceeded.
- Maintain a deep understanding of our product features and roadmap and propose improvements to customer workflow.
- Develop and execute plans to expand relations with customers at both elected and appointed official levels, in a multitude of ways: electronic, direct, face-to-face.
- Understand the agencies’ “big picture,” and proactively drive our public policy initiatives accordingly.
- Compliment key product discussions by gathering and communicating customer feedback and feature requests.
- Develop strategy for our organization to manage a high volume of markets using existing and additional resources.
- Experience managing large customers in a high-touch mode, preferably within State and Local Government or Education (SLED) environments.
- 5+ years of experience in Account Management within a fast-growing company.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing product and respond strategically to customer needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and track record of building collaborative relationships.
- Technical aptitude and proficiency with Salesforce as well as emerging CS solutions.
- Knowledge of Customer Experience lifecycle and exposure to NPS is a plus.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Daily catered lunch in our SF office
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Commuter stipend plus pre-tax benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.