Spin brings sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner. Spin is a wholly-owned independent subsidiary of the Ford Motor Company following its acquisition late last year.
Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin is expanding quickly in the US and internationally and is looking for top-tier talent to help bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
About the Role
We are looking for a technical Accounting Manager to perform the consolidation of multiple domestic and international legal entities, which includes reviewing transfer pricing entries, other intercompany transactions and elimination entries, as well as ensuring foreign currency transactions are accounted for properly. You will oversee the international monthly accounting closes, manage deadline communications and perform processes to ensure the accuracy and completeness of our financials. You will be responsible for general ledger and reporting activities, which includes maintaining our chart of accounts for both primary and secondary ledgers, hierarchies, cross validation rules and allocations, performing month-end close processes and testing our financial system. You will also manage all US and International Tax requirements performed by third party vendors with supporting documents. You will assess controls, maintain documentation and ensure compliance with policies and procedures. You will provide support and explanations to internal and external auditors. You will work with internal partners to improve processes and support new business initiatives.
- Manage the delivery of accounting services performed by third party vendors ensuring that all deliverables are provided timely, quality service is provided, and is performed in accordance with global policies and procedures.
- Participate in the financial close process assisting with intercompany, consolidation and reporting activities of our International entities including reconciliation of local ledgers to Corporate.
- Perform accounting research and provide technical guidance, as needed, while facilitating the accounting team's commitment to timely and accurate processing of accounting transactions in accordance with US GAAP, IFRS, and/or local GAAP as required and technical accounting of ASC 830 - Foreign Exchange Matters.
- Support timely processing of operational activities including accounts payable, payroll, billing and collections by coordinating relevant teams with in-country partners.
- Manage and support the U.S. income tax reporting performed by third party vendors to ensure all reporting obligations are satisfied accurately and timely, assist with managing outsourced compliance relationships.
- Support international reporting requirements and obligations to Country, State and Local tax compliance and reporting issues.
- Identify and implement policies and procedures to improve efficiency of global accounting and tax process, including improvement of technology and transformation strategy.
- Support the required tax accounting for business acquisitions and other significant non-recurring transactions.
- Be responsible for overseeing the annual statutory financial statements process, including management of the external audit and tax compliance for legal entities throughout our international subsidiaries.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the business to aid in analyzing the financial impact of new business initiatives and/or processes.
- Manage, coach and mentor junior staff as the team expands.
- Develop and maintain documentation on internal controls, keeping a SOX state of mind.
- Review, update and maintain financial policies and procedures to ensure compliance with parent company and business unit policies.
- Perform other ad hoc projects and strategic analyses as directed by management.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting is required.
- 6-9+ years experience in financial accounting and reporting environment.
- Experience working in a Multi-national company required.
- Qualified member of a recognized accountancy body including: ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CPA highly desired.
- Must have strong organizational, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Self starter with ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with a high level of integrity and sense of urgency.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel including advanced knowledge of functions, pivot tables, etc.
- Must have the ability to enthusiastically and creatively approach problem solving in order to execute multiple tasks and adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Must have excellent critical thinking and time management skills, as well as strong written and oral communications skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships across the organization.
- NetSuite and TaxJar experience a plus.
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.