Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner.
Based in San Francisco, Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin was known for launching the first stationless mobility program in Seattle, and has since expanded to become the exclusive electric scooter partner in mid-sized cities like Coral Gables, Florida and Lexington, Kentucky, and one of a few permitted scooter operators in large cities like Denver, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. The team embeds in cities and neighborhoods to understand their specific transportation needs, and hires locally from the community.
Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
About This Role
Spin is in search for a Configuration Management Specialist to create bills of material, manage change order flow for engineering (ECO) and manufacturing (MCO), as well as coordinate and manage operations documents. The role will be involved in new product introduction and build management, release of new hardware products to manufacturing, and sustaining our existing products. You will support and coordinate with product development owners (hardware, mechanical, software, and QA) in the development of documentation, approval requirements, and SOPs, as well as in the routing of documents for approval via engineering, manufacturing departments, and contract manufacturing (both onshore and offshore) facilities.
- Create bills of material, process engineering change orders, update prints and bills of material.
- Apply technical and administrative direction and management over the life cycle of systems to identify and document the functional and physical characteristics of configuration items
- Identifying standard process routings in Arena to meet the requirements of the change process
- Prepare and submit documentation changes per the Change Order approval process in PLM system (Arena).
- Maintaining the status of the change in Arena from initial creation through release
- Supporting AVL and component obsolescence, coordinating with manufacturing and engineering teams
- Acting as a process mentor to the hardware teams for released hardware products and new product development
- Ensuring product structure (BOM) reflects accurate product definition
- Upon submission of ECO for final approval, attaching/vaulting all source files and images to Part or Document Objects in the Arena system
- Verifying solid models, drawings and supporting files/documents to generate ECO collateral
- Verifying all product documentation source files are properly vaulted in Arena repository
- 3+ years' experience working in a compliance-oriented manufacturing environment and of experience in document control, design drafting, and/or configuration management, with at least two complex projects delivered NPI to production
- Must have a thorough understanding of product structure, basic database logic, and general manufacturing processes.
- Experience with database management, Arena, AutoCAD, 3-D CAD modeling (SOLIDWORKS, CATIA, etc.) and MS Office and familiarity with associated tools a plus
- Experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment is a strong plus
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Preferred skills include creating flowcharts, manipulating data in Excel utilizing vlookups and pivot tables.
- Very high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Daily catered lunch in our SF office
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Commuter stipend plus pre-tax benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.