Spin brings sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner. Spin is a wholly-owned independent subsidiary of the Ford Motor Company following its acquisition late last year.
Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin is expanding quickly in the US and internationally and is looking for top-tier talent to help bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
About the Role
We are looking for a Director of Government Partnerships who will work closely with the Head of Government Partnerships and our Business team in order to generate new relationships in Germany; proactively reaching out to new potential government partners and working to bring them on board.
- Help Spin expand its products and services to new cities
- Tailor messaging to communicate benefits of micro-mobility to various stakeholders
- Creating new business leads and converting inbound inquiries into opportunities
- Contacting potential clients by email/phone/social media/conferences to create opportunities
- Building strong rapport with clients to drive long-term relationships, including city staff, elected officials, and community groups
- Lobby for regulations that are sensible and benefit Spin’s operations
- Transfer knowledge to Spin’s Operations team to ensure compliance with local regulations
- Dedicated and driven to closing the deal and growing our company quickly and responsibly
- Tracking the regions’ progress, including managing the company’s CRM and reporting efforts
- Develop content to support presentations, email campaigns, conference booths, etc.
- Willing to travel up to 50% of time
- 5+ years of experience in Sales, Business Development, Government Relations in a relevant industry (Tech, Transportation, Government, Education, Sustainability)
- Strong proposal writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge and design skills in Google products, and Microsoft Suite
- Experience winning deals and/or championing projects that involve complex policy and technology elements
- Ability to prioritize and maintain attention to detail
- Experience navigating bureaucracy and interacting with various stakeholders
- Experience in public speaking, especially in front of elected officials
- Thorough attention to detail when analyzing regulatory frameworks, and the ability to strategically lobby for policies that benefit Spin
- Fluent in German and English required
- Other languages preferred
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.