Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner.
Based in San Francisco, Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin was known for launching the first stationless mobility program in Seattle, and has since expanded to become the exclusive electric scooter partner in mid-sized cities like Coral Gables, Florida and Lexington, Kentucky, and one of a few permitted scooter operators in large cities like Denver, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. The team embeds in cities and neighborhoods to understand their specific transportation needs, and hires locally from the community.
Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
About the Role
We’re looking for a senior leader to manage Spin’s growth team and strategy as we expand to 100+ markets around the world. We’re looking for someone that’s collaborative, dynamic, a great communicator, a respected manager, and comfortable diving into our database and hacking together solutions with limited resources.
The growth team will be working with company stakeholders to execute product-growth improvements, marketing-growth campaigns, and operations projects. This person will also be responsible for analyzing and presenting results to executives and the greater company. This position may help Spin answer questions like: Where should we put scooters? When and where should Spin run user acquisition campaigns? What’s the most important retention metric? Where is there room for improvement in our product funnel?
This highly analytical individual will be identifying company wide opportunities that impact ridership and revenue. They will think creatively and analytically, working collaboratively across the organization with people at all levels. Additionally, this candidate must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a “roll up your sleeves” attitude, strong bias-to-action, and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Define and implement Spin’s growth strategy, key growth metrics and targets.
- Analyze user data to uncover insights about our customers’ habits and preferences.
- Evaluate opportunities, scope growth projects and lead cross functional working groups.
- Build and lead the cross functional growth team.
- Continuously assess the market to identify strategic market and consumer needs.
- Weekly, Monthly, and Quarterly present market, and initiative-level, growth and optimization scenarios to executive leadership.
- Lead a team that, with strong partnership from marketing, product, data, and ops, owns the weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual growth optimization process.
- Lead constant, iterative improvement of our growth strategy to hit business goals.
- At least 6+ years of experience in managing and executing growth strategy, execution, and measurement, with an additional 3-4+ years in a quantitative, financial or strategy role (e.g. data analytics, investment banking).
- Ability to synthesize data, make data-driven decisions and balance quantitative measurement with an intuition-driven bias to action.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills, ability to organize information in a high level way to communicate key points to partners and internal stakeholders.
- Proven ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment, with a strong bias to action.
- Strong experience recruiting, leading, and developing teams.
- Creative and entrepreneurial - you enjoy tackling unsolved problems and finding creative solutions with limited resources.
- Detailed-oriented - you love to manage highly cross-functional, complex projects without making mistakes or missing deadlines, and you build teams that analyze results at the most granular level.
- Highly quantitative and analytical - you get excited when insights jump out of the data.
- Strategic and business-minded - you find trends in your data and look for the “so what.”
- Collaborative - you love working with a team, and both learning from & teaching others.
- Fun - you enjoy what you do and have an orange spirit!
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Daily catered lunch in our SF office
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Commuter stipend plus pre-tax benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.