Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner.
Based in San Francisco, Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin was known for launching the first stationless mobility program in Seattle, and has since expanded to become the exclusive electric scooter partner in mid-sized cities like Coral Gables, Florida and Lexington, Kentucky, and one of a few permitted scooter operators in large cities like Denver, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. The team embeds in cities and neighborhoods to understand their specific transportation needs, and hires locally from the community.
Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
About the Role
Spin is seeking a Head of Design to help shape and express Spin’s brand identity.
- Develop goals and outcomes for Brand Design and Brand Creative while leading a team of creatives and creative managers.
- Program and process development.
- Determine and refine policies, brand vision and how it plays out across all touch points, including marketing, digital and product.
- Understanding and commitment to performance marketing with markers of success across geographies, channels, and media.
- Communication of design goals and decisions both to stakeholders and execution teams.
- Develop and share scalable processes and best practices with team and executives.
- Translate marketing objectives into clear creative strategies.
- Ensure visual communication and brand standards are met.
- Review work, troubleshoot and provide feedback to creative teams.
- 5+ years of advertising or marketing creative design and development.
- 2+ years of management experience.
- Creative Design experience in a creative design agency (advertising, marketing, publishing, film), market research firm, or similar functional area within a similar client environment.
- Deep understanding of brand design, product design and performance marketing.
- Track record of designing, developing and executing effective, award-winning creative marketing campaigns across media.
- Leadership: Great at negotiating relationships and representing brand design and creative decisions to company teams and executives.
- Strategy: You love thinking out-of-the-box and doing cool stuff, but understand that there needs to be a hook into business goals and success.
- Strong knowledge of business models, objectives, financial metrics, etc. used in decision-making; ability to build sound business cases to support innovative initiatives.
- Strong understanding of the Spin’s market and business environment and how it impacts business decisions.
- Strong understanding of effective Creative Design practices, trends, techniques, and processes across various touchpoints or mediums (e.g. packaging, in-store, online, mobile, print, direct).
- Attitude: you are a passionate, collaborative, positive team player.
- Background in mobility; thought-leader in design, branding and marketing preferred, but not required.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Daily catered lunch in our SF office
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Commuter stipend plus pre-tax benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.