Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner.
Based in San Francisco, Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin was known for launching the first stationless mobility program in Seattle, and has since expanded to become the exclusive electric scooter partner in mid-sized cities like Coral Gables, Florida and Lexington, Kentucky, and one of a few permitted scooter operators in large cities like Denver, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. The team embeds in cities and neighborhoods to understand their specific transportation needs, and hires locally from the community.
Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
About the Role
Spin participates in a lot of events that support a variety of business goals. Examples include conferences, community events, events for our riders, launch events and more. We are hiring a Director of Events to think creatively, set strategy, and lead the team responsible for event execution.
Our ideal candidate has executed hundreds of events in their career. They are process oriented, a skilled manager, and have managed event operations at scale. They will be building out the team and are responsible for reporting the impact of their events.
This position is based in San Francisco and will report to the Senior Director of Local Marketing.
- Hire and manage the team responsible for executing events across departments and around the country.
- Collaborate cross functionally to use events as a channel that supports various business functions.
- Managing event logistics and coordination.
- Creating efficient processes to operationalize the event execution process.
- Develop creative events that help Spin achieve its business goals.
- 5+ years of marketing experience.
- Experience hiring and managing teams.
- Experience working with marketing agencies to execute events.
- Experience effectively managing several projects at once.
- Experience managing and executing events that have had a meaningful impact.
- Passion for creating one-of-a-kind experiences for event attendees.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Daily catered lunch in our SF office
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Commuter stipend plus pre-tax benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.