Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner.
Based in San Francisco, Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin was known for launching the first stationless mobility program in Seattle, and has since expanded to become the exclusive electric scooter partner in mid-sized cities like Coral Gables, Florida and Lexington, Kentucky, and one of a few permitted scooter operators in large cities like Denver, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. The team embeds in cities and neighborhoods to understand their specific transportation needs, and hires locally from the community.
Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
About the Role
Spin’s Regional Partnerships Director will scale adoption of our solutions within the business segment. As a part of our San Francisco based Business team, our Partnerships team works with medium and large companies to drive business value for companies that can directly benefit from the improvements Spin is making to local transportation options.
This is a unique opportunity to join a high performing team in the early stages of its expansion, in a highly entrepreneurial, high-visibility role with significant growth potential. The ideal candidate has considerable business development experience and a strong work ethic.
- Sign mutually beneficial partnerships with medium and large businesses, such as corporate campuses and real estate developers, which are based within your regional territory.
- Build relationships with the ecosystem of partners, managers and service providers in support of shared business goals.
- Represent Spin to the industry and participate in regional conferences, events, speaking engagements, and media opportunities.
- Create presentations, business development campaigns, and messaging that helps the team communicate the benefits of micro-mobility to various stakeholders.
- Proactively manage a high volume of outbound and inbound activity in a goal and deadline driven environment.
- Drive strategic cross-functional initiatives and develop tools / processes that support the company and scale growth.
- Track our progress through the company’s CRM and update our department Heads and our VP of Partnerships.
- Willing to travel up to 40% of time.
- 5-7+ years of related professional experience, including Sales or Business Development experience.
- You have a bias for action and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Experience holding relationships with senior level decision makers, such CXOs and VPs.
- Experience navigating bureaucracy and interacting with various stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- Ability to prioritize and maintain attention to detail.
- Understanding of the real estate industry, including property management operations.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Knowledge of Salesforce and outreach oriented tools is a bonus.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Daily catered lunch in our SF office
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Commuter stipend plus pre-tax benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.