Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner.
Based in San Francisco, Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin was known for launching the first stationless mobility program in Seattle, and has since expanded to become the exclusive electric scooter partner in mid-sized cities like Coral Gables, Florida and Lexington, Kentucky, and one of a few permitted scooter operators in large cities like Denver, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. The team embeds in cities and neighborhoods to understand their specific transportation needs, and hires locally from the community.
Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
About the Role
Spin is hiring a Senior Director of Local Marketing to help us scale our marketing efforts as we continue expansion nationally and internationally. This individual will oversee our events team and execute localized marketing campaigns that further develop our many rider communities. They will be responsible for events, rider communications, and parts of localization. This person will be building out the local marketing team, and working cross functionally with several Spin departments around the world.
Our ideal candidate is a respected leader, a skilled project manager, and a strategic local marketer. This person should know from experience which sorts of local campaigns drive impact, and which do not.
This position is based in San Francisco and reports to Spin’s Head of Marketing.
- Define events strategy and manage the team responsible for executing events.
- Create and manage the process responsible for writing and emailing updates and messages to riders across the country.
- Coordinate national campaign execution, in collaboration with operations and regional marketing managers across Spin’s many markets.
- Measure and communicate the quantitative and qualitative impact of the Local Marketing team’s initiatives.
- 5-10 years marketing experience.
- Experience hiring and leading a team.
- Local marketing experience.
- Event marketing experience.
- Email marketing experience.
- Clear, effective communication skills.
- An open mind and an appreciation for learning.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Daily catered lunch in our SF office
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Commuter stipend plus pre-tax benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.