Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner.
Based in San Francisco, Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin was known for launching the first stationless mobility program in Seattle, and has since expanded to become the exclusive electric scooter partner in mid-sized cities like Coral Gables, Florida and Lexington, Kentucky, and one of a few permitted scooter operators in large cities like Denver, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. The team embeds in cities and neighborhoods to understand their specific transportation needs, and hires locally from the community.
Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
About the Role
We are looking for a Vice President of Product to lead, build, and mentor a team of product managers at Spin. You will drive development of products that delight a variety of customers (riders, operations staff, cities), and be the champion for a product-first culture in the company. This position reports directly to the CEO, and you will be working closely with other leaders at the company.
- 10+ years of experience leading Product Management with a record of successfully delivering complex products and services
- Experience leading product team for an at-scale consumer business
- Effective communication skills
- End-to-end experience managing the product development life cycle with a proven track record of successfully launching new products and services.
- Extensive and broad knowledge of the Product Management function and role within an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and execute strategic initiatives to advance and drive the product direction and vision.
- Thorough understanding of project management and agile development methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience attracting, managing, developing, coaching, evaluating, and retaining staff. Ability to lead, influence, and motivate individuals and teams. Skilled in holding people accountable, establishing high standards of excellence, and stretching their abilities to perform their best work.
- Hands-on technical leader with an ability work effectively with the Development team and manage effectively up, down, and across an organization, including global, remote teams
- Strong knowledge of various mobile platforms (e.g. iOS, Android)
- Previous work in the transportation space
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Daily catered lunch in our SF office
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Commuter stipend plus pre-tax benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
-Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.