Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner.
Based in San Francisco, Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin was known for launching the first stationless mobility program in Seattle, and has since expanded to become the exclusive electric scooter partner in mid-sized cities like Coral Gables, Florida and Lexington, Kentucky, and one of a few permitted scooter operators in large cities like Denver, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. The team embeds in cities and neighborhoods to understand their specific transportation needs, and hires locally from the community.
Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
About this Role
The Supply Chain Operations Program Manager will be responsible for facilitating the integration of NPI hardware projects with our ongoing/sustaining market and business operations. The individual will gather cross-functional requirements related to new product launches ensuring that all considerations are executed in preparation for BETA launches and market general availability. The position requires the ability to coordinate and track deliverables between various stakeholders across the organization. The deliverables include but are not limited to: supplier lead times, international logistics, regulatory requirements, data collection, marketing communications, market operations infrastructure, and field repair operations. This individual will be in charge of managing the launch schedule and execution as well as identifying and escalating potential risks to the program.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure operational readiness of NPI hardware projectsFacilitate feedback from deployment/repair operations and work with the sourcing team to resolve hardware change requests
- Manage preparation and execution of new product launches and provide support during market BETA’s driving daily stand-ups and tracking open issues
- Provide supply chain support to the technical team on issues related to NPI, sustaining, and service/repair.
- Facilitate communication between the Asia team and US based NPI team.
- Track and report progress of NPI projects to cross functional stakeholdersDevelop and implement product lifecycle checkpoints, and lead cross functional checkpoint meetings from PVT through product launch.
- Work with the technical and market operations teams to establish infrastructure requirements around new hardware and develop creative ways to optimize operational cost and efficiency.
- Managing US based supply chain vendors including our SIM card manufacturers
- Support the sourcing and planning teams by tracking the status of purchase orders and payments with all 3rd party vendors
- 7+ years of experience in Operations Program Management/NPI role in consumer electronics industry
- Knowledge in Operations and Supply Chain Cross-functional leadership experience
- Ability to draft and negotiate supplier agreements and work contractsProven project management and teamwork experience
- Experience working with and managing external suppliers and manufacturers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and balance multiple project threads concurrently
- Exceptional prioritization skills to ensure timely resolutions that are appropriate for the severity and impact of the situation
- Willingness to travel 15% of the time
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Daily catered lunch in our SF office
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Commuter stipend plus pre-tax benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
-Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.