Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner.
Based in San Francisco, Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin was known for launching the first stationless mobility program in Seattle, and has since expanded to become the exclusive electric scooter partner in mid-sized cities like Coral Gables, Florida and Lexington, Kentucky, and one of a few permitted scooter operators in large cities like Denver, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. The team embeds in cities and neighborhoods to understand their specific transportation needs, and hires locally from the community.
Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
About the Role
As a Regional Mechanic Lead, you’ll be responsible for supporting the Regional Mechanic Manager (RMM) in the growth and development of a distributed scooter repair organization at Spin. This is a hands-on role where you’ll be expected to execute programs that you develop alongside the RMM and (literally) get your hands dirty with lead mechanics in your markets to ensure Spin’s repair operations run smoothly. Your focus will be on driving efficiency in repair processes as well as codifying best practices and leading their implementation across cities in your region. You should be an expert at making data-driven decisions and figuring out the most efficient and cost effective way to improve operations.
- Assist with the growth and development of a multi-city scooter repair organization
- Be the regional expert in hands-on repair processes and drive repair best practices
- Implement high priority projects, prioritize tasks, and drive measurable results
- Coordinate with hardware, software, and operations teams to ensure the correct implementation of technical solutions
- Ensure repair processes are implemented uniformly and consistently across markets
- Plan and implement training sessions for repair organization best practices
- 3+ years experience as a shop mechanic (previous repair experience required)
- 2+ years managerial experience as mechanic manager, shop manager, or warehouse manager preferred
- Lean Six Sigma or other process/quality improvement certification preferred
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Daily catered lunch in our SF office
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Commuter stipend plus pre-tax benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
-Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.