Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner.
Based in San Francisco, Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin was known for launching the first stationless mobility program in Seattle, and has since expanded to become the exclusive electric scooter partner in mid-sized cities like Coral Gables, Florida and Lexington, Kentucky, and one of a few permitted scooter operators in large cities like Denver, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. The team embeds in cities and neighborhoods to understand their specific transportation needs, and hires locally from the community.
Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
About the role:
As a responsible mobility operator helping people get around in tens of cities and with thousands of vehicles, Spin champions the fundamental importance and mission-critical nature of safety. Whether it’s keeping riders safe when they’re out on the road, safeguardinc critical private data, ensuring our incredible team members stay safe in every aspect of our operations, or making sure we respond swiftly and appropriately to every safety incident, we need our Trust & Safety team on point and leading the industry in the breadth and effectiveness of our safety program.
Spin is seeking a talented safety leader to bring next-level vision, rigor and professionalism to our Trust & Safety team. This individual will build out the Trust & Safety function across the organization, ensuring that safety is a core principle underlying everything we do, and that safety is operationalized with the right staff, protocols, processes and tools. The Head of Trust & Safety will lead a team proactively identifying and addressing challenges to safety on any aspect of our software and hardware platforms or in any part of operations; responding quickly and appropriately to Trust & Safety incidents; and communicating the culture and practice of safety widely in the organization.
The right candidate will be:
Passionate about the fundamental importance of safety to the organization.
Rigorous and organized, capable of handling multiple parallel projects and objectives.
Attentive to detail, with excellent analytical skills.
Ready to work across teams and up and down hierarchies to get things done.
A strong communicator and relationship-builder.
A creative problem solver, ready to embrace ambiguity.
- Developing a build an industry-leading Trust & Safety team and function at Spin, covering safety staffing, protocols and processes.
- Working with executive leadership, key stakeholders, and all Spin teams to ensure the successful implementation of trust and safety initiatives and programs, including integration with existing responsibilities and processes in other teams.
- Building a data-driven approach for all safety actions and programs, both in identifying and tackling problems and opportunities, and in tracking success against OKRs
- Continuously improving all protocols, processes, platforms, and tools that relate to safety across the organization.
- Overseeing the claims management team, liaising internally and externally.
- Working with executive leadership to develop sensitive/critical incident response protocols, and then owning and coordinating all sensitive/critical incident response functions including remedial actions, communications, and root cause analysis/post-mortems.
- Acting as lead spokesperson for all internal and external communications on trust and safety.
- Developing thought leadership externally on safe micro-mobility platforms and operations.
- Developing and advocating the business case for expanding the Trust & Safety team and its activities to meet evolving needs.
- Manage and grow a high performing team with a focused on career development and mentorship
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- At least 8 years of experience implementing and managing trust and safety or risk management programs at scale
- Master’s degree or JD
- Previous senior leadership role(s) with a safety or operations portfolio
- Experience working on trust and safety challenges in the transportation or technology sectorsPrevious role(s) in legal teams
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Daily catered lunch in our SF office
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Commuter stipend plus pre-tax benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
-Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.