Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner.
Based in San Francisco, Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin was known for launching the first stationless mobility program in Seattle, and has since expanded to become the exclusive electric scooter partner in mid-sized cities like Coral Gables, Florida and Lexington, Kentucky, and one of a few permitted scooter operators in large cities like Denver, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. The team embeds in cities and neighborhoods to understand their specific transportation needs, and hires locally from the community.
Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
About the Role:
Spin’s Local Partnerships Representative will be our on-the-ground person for everything we need in the city where we operate, with a focus on building relationships with the local community to grow our impact. You will work remotely in or near a particular market, while still being a part of our San Francisco-based Business team.
This is a unique opportunity to join a high performing team in the early stages of its expansion, in a highly entrepreneurial, high-visibility role with significant growth potential. The ideal candidate has considerable business development experience, a strong work ethic, and an entrepreneurial attitude as he/she will need to hit performance goals while working in a remote role.
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate is a highly extroverted, personable individual. You are a hard worker and out of the box thinker with the ability to work independently to achieve your targets. You should have great attention to detail and build the habit of keeping good data on their territory, while also having a big-picture view of how the program is working and the steps necessary to ensure future success. You should also have a history of exceeding revenue and growth targets in a hunting/customer acquisition model and be capable of building and maintaining a pipeline of through outbound prospecting and high activity metrics.
- Achieve assigned personal and territory sales objectives based within your regional territory.
- Maintain an accurate and up to date record of your relationships within your region.
- Use a top-down, consultative sales approach to build, maintain & strengthen relationships with all key decision makers and key influences within territory.
- Understand goals and objectives for all accounts within assigned territory and have a thorough understanding of where opportunities exist.
- Have a proactive approach to territory management, responding quickly to inbound requests and taking an aggressive approach to outbound opportunities while anticipating impact on business resulting from competition, industry trends, etc.
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, written/verbal communication, organizational, follow-up, consultative sales and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate ability when necessary to have difficult conversations with partners.
- Manage high outbound activity volume whether traveling or in the officeCollaborate with Spin employees from other departments to align shared goals.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of skills, training and experience.
- Approximately 2+ years in sales and account management experience with a proven track record of territory management, consultative sales and exceptional client relations.
- Highly extroverted individual with a knack for building relationships and networking; candidate should feel comfortable walking up to new faces and making positive connections in a short period of time.
- Demonstrable track record of revenue goal/quota achievement.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, organizational and verbal/written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage a diverse workload.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
- Multi-mobility industry experience a plus.
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Daily catered lunch in our SF office
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Commuter stipend plus pre-tax benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
-Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.