Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner.
Based in San Francisco, Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin was known for launching the first stationless mobility program in Seattle, and has since expanded to become the exclusive electric scooter partner in mid-sized cities like Coral Gables, Florida and Lexington, Kentucky, and one of a few permitted scooter operators in large cities like Denver, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. The team embeds in cities and neighborhoods to understand their specific transportation needs, and hires locally from the community.
Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
About the Role
Being a data informed company, data helps us create exceptional experience for our customers and provide insights into the effectiveness of our product.
We are looking for Data Engineers that will build and maintain our data warehouse and data pipelines, collect data from multiple sources, and expose services that make data a first class citizen at Spin. You will be building, architecting and launching highly reliable and scalable data pipelines to support data processing and analytics needs. Your efforts will allow access to business and user behavior insights.
Our engineering team consists engineers that are passionate about creating finely polished and intuitive experiences and, at the same time, obsess over performance and reliability of what we build. We challenge the status quo and strive towards finding the best way to solve problems.
We promote being a more well rounded engineer by working on different parts of the engineering stack. We also work in very small groups to keep processes and overhead low, so we have a lot of trust and accountability to perform the work required to build the best product.
- Build and maintain our data warehouse and data pipelines
- Scaling up our data infrastructure to meet business needs
- Deploy sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning and statistical methods
- Work cross-functionally with our product, business, finance and engineering teams
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in building and architecting data solutions
- Deep understanding of distributed systems
- Expert in SQL and high-level languages such as Python, Java, or Scala
- Built and maintained data warehouses and ETL pipelines
- Experience with Data modeling
- You have worked with big data solutions like Redshift, Snowflake, Hadoop or Hive
- Experience with realtime data streaming infrastructure like AWS Kinesis, Spark or Kafka
- Worked with Cloud-based architecture such as AWS or Google Cloud
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Daily catered lunch in our SF office
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Commuter stipend plus pre-tax benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
-Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.