Who we are.
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
What you will do.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for collections of outstanding accounts receivable dollars from the existing client base and all other aspects of collections, resolving customer billing problems and reducing accounts receivable delinquency. This position will report to the Accounting Manager. This role requires strong attention to detail, an understanding of accounting principles including revenue recognition, accounts receivable and cash application, problem-solving and negotiation, and an ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks. Able to demonstrate flexibility, tactfulness and handle a high volume of work.
- Analyze monthly Aged Receivables Reports to identify those clients who need to be contacted. Review open accounts for collection efforts.
- Make outbound collection calls & emails in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations.
- Research billing issues and communicate results to Customers and Sales Team
- Deliver exceptional customer service while keeping goals and metrics in mind
- Collect customer payments in accordance with payment terms.
- Identify issues attributing to account delinquency and discuss them with management.
- Review and monitor accounts and all applicable collection reports.
- Provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements.
- Scan & email documents to clients and follow up.
Experience and Skills
- The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 2 years of corporate collections experience including interaction with a large customer base.
- Strong communication, problem-solving and analytical skills required
- Creative, self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently
- Must have advanced problem solving and analytical skills
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Strong written and communication skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Able to organize daily workload volumes
- Must be self-directed and effective working independently, yet equally comfortable contributing in a team environment
- Accept direction and constructive criticism; perform calmly and effectively in an extremely busy work environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel & Word.
- Experience in NetSuite & SalesForce is preferred but not required.
The SPINS Way
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.
If we haven’t convinced you to join us yet, this just might! Sure we have a great benefit program but SPINS also offers its team members:
- Company subsidized commuter transit program
- Gym, bike storage and showers onsite
- Fresh and healthy snacks daily
- Vibrancy 360 Wellness Program: Free yoga and fitness classes, onsite massage, volunteer opportunities, client product demos, outings, and more.