A Day in the Life
You will help change the landscape of the rocket launch industry and be an integral and unique part of a close-knit team of individuals operating in a high energy environment. As a Business Developer you will be primarily responsible for connecting customers with SpinLaunch space technologies. You will be a key player within a ‘team of teams’ consisting of strategy, business development, product development, and government affairs colleagues. You will be an evangelist for our technologies, working collaboratively with potential customers to understand their needs and how SpinLaunch can help them. You will relish the challenge of creating new customers from emerging technologies and work collaboratively to engage with them.
You’ll live for the opportunity to help shape the future of the company and of the broader space industry. Your typical day will include strategy discussions on pursuing new customers, and then take the initiative to build relationships with them. You’ll provide feedback to the product developers, who are your partners in engaging with the engineering teams as you collaboratively create new offerings. This is a critical role, serving as the front line of the company on behalf of the VP of Product and CEO to position SpinLaunch for major wins with new customers.
- Build great relationships and help them connect with SpinLaunch technologies
- Engage with customers, gain deep insights into their needs, and work with your strategy and product development colleagues to craft a winning offering
- Capture the opportunities you create and serve as lead account manager to ensure a smooth transition to the project management and execution team
- A strong desire to build new customers and markets from emerging technologies
- An eagerness to engage with people and help them benefit from SpinLaunch technologies
- An open and flexible mindset with an eagerness to work in a dynamic and high energy environment with passionate colleagues
- 5+ years experience in government acquisition, or commercial space or telecom contracts
- Prior experience in the military, as a government civilian, commercial space sector, or telecom industry
SpinLaunch is required by the U.S. Government to comply with various space technology export regulations including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident (“green card holder”) as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. More information on ITAR can be found here.
SpinLaunch is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Each individual has the right to work in a professional environment that promotes equal employment opportunity and prohibits discriminatory practices, including harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.