A Day in the Life
You will help change the landscape of the rocket launch industry and be an integral and unique part of a close-knit team of individuals operating in a high energy environment. As the Senior Mechanical Engineering, you will be primarily responsible for leading a small team to design, build and test mechanical and structural systems for our accelerator and launch vehicle
- Responsible for designing, building and testing mechanical and structural hardware for circular mass accelerator and launch vehicle
- Develop, integrate, commission, test and operate prototype hardware and labs
- Conduct failure modes analysis of your designs, with verification and validation testing
- Manage the design of hardware and equipment, the acquisition of required materials, integration and testing in a fast-paced environment
- Develop and manage Engineering Product Development environment and toolchain
- Anticipate needs, identify problems, think creatively, and rapidly produce reliable and cost-effective solutions to meet the ever growing and changing needs of SpinLaunch’s research and development efforts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechnical Engineering or in “STEM” related majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience leading an engineering team
- Experience in design & development of structures, mechanisms, fluids systems, rotordynamic systems and equipment
- Experience in rapid prototyping environments
- Experience in development of Engineering Product Development environments and tool chains
- Experience in CAD and FEA software packages
- Demonstrated proficiency in written and verbal communication.
- 8+ years design/development experience in the aerospace / high technology industries and/or advanced degree(s) in engineering or technology
- Experience as a Project Manager (Schedule, Budget and Scope Management)
- Experience in system engineering methods
- Hands-on experience building, testing and operating industrial control systems
- Expertise in ANSYS and LSDyna modeling.
SpinLaunch is required by the U.S. Government to comply with various space technology export regulations including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident (“green card holder”) as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. More information on ITAR can be found here.
SpinLaunch is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Each individual has the right to work in a professional environment that promotes equal employment opportunity and prohibits discriminatory practices, including harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.