A Day in the Life
You will help change the landscape of the rocket launch industry and be an integral and unique part of a close-knit team of individuals operating in a high energy environment. As the Senior Controls Engineering, you will be primarily responsible for lead a small team to design, build and test control systems hardware and software for our launch system accelerator and launch vehicle.
- Responsible for designing, building and testing control systems hardware and software for circular mass accelerator and launch vehicle
- Develop, integrate, commission, test and operate prototype instrumentation and industrial control procedures and hardware
- Conduct failure modes analysis of your designs, with verification and validation testing
- Manage the design of hardware, software, the acquisition of required materials, integration and testing in a fast-paced environment
- Anticipate needs, identify problems, think creatively, and rapidly produce reliable and cost-effective solutions to meet the ever growing and changing needs of SpinLaunch’s research and development efforts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering or in “STEM” related majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience leading a controls team
- Experience in control system architecture and design; harness design and fabrication; selection, installation and calibration of instrumentation sensors; and software for industrial controls
- Experience with industrial automation hardware/software
- Solid understanding of electronics and electrical design standards
- Experience generating drawings with electrical schematic capture software, such as AutoCad or SolidWorks electrical.
- Demonstrated proficiency in written and verbal communication.
- 8+ years design/development experience in the aerospace / high technology industries and/or advanced degree(s) in engineering or technology
- Experience in system engineering methods
- Hands-on experience building, testing and operating industrial control systems
- Experience with embedded hardware and software (C/C++, micro-controllers, communication protocols: TCP/IP, CAN Bus, RS-232/422/485)
- Familiarity with CAD software such as SolidWorks
SpinLaunch is required by the U.S. Government to comply with various space technology export regulations including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident (“green card holder”) as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. More information on ITAR can be found here.
SpinLaunch is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Each individual has the right to work in a professional environment that promotes equal employment opportunity and prohibits discriminatory practices, including harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.