A Day in the Life
You will help change the landscape of the rocket launch industry and be an integral and unique part of a close-knit team of individuals operating in a high energy environment. As a Senior Accountant, you will be primarily responsible for all accounting duties within this small but high-powered team that is instrumental to maintaining the financial wellness and integrity of SpinLaunch. The position requires considerable knowledge of GAAP accounting principles and accounting functions. S/he may assist with ad-hoc projects, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable when necessary.
- Lead the timely and accurate monthly/quarterly/annual closing of the books.
- Prepare monthly Balance Sheet account reconciliations and make adjusting entries as needed.
- Reconcile bank account(s) monthly.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements.
- Produce monthly flux (variance) analysis of the Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Statement of Cashflows.
- Interface with team members to ensure the accurate codification of expenses.
- Assistance in providing quarter-end and year-end audit and tax packages; interface with outside accounting firm as required.
- Review, process, monitor and record all banking related activities, which includes preparing deposits, recording receipts, completion of bank reconciliations, check inquiry, placing stop payments, monitoring positive pay and ACH, review daily banking activities, and setting up/closing bank accounts.
- Prepare and record other journal entries related to revenue recognition/deferral, prepaid expense, fixed assets and other accounts.
- Upload payroll files and reconcile the payroll clearing account. Record journal entries related to payroll, including book transfers, fees, and salary recharge to other departments/entities.
- Anticipate needs, identify problems, think creatively, and rapidly produce reliable and cost-effective solutions to meet the ever growing and changing needs of SpinLaunch’s research and development efforts
- Perform other accounting and general office duties as requested.
- Prepare ad hoc projects upon request.
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics or Business.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in Accounting.
- CPA, CMA, MSA or other comparable accountancy certification a plus.
- Minimum 1 year experience with Acumatica or other Enterprise grade ERP.
- Must have considerable knowledge of GAAP principles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to learn required business systems (Intermediate to advanced level)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and demonstrate proficiency in written and verbal communication is required.
- A strong positive attitude and desire to be helpful.
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing R&D work environment
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends (or substitutes shifts) when specific highly critical manufacturing events dictate as needed.
- Master of Science degree in Accounting (MSA)
- Advanced to expert-level skills in MS Excel
- Experience with financial statement/budget analysis
- Cost Accounting experience
- Tax Accounting experience
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in teams with all management levels in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Ability to successfully handle multiple, high priority issues simultaneously
- Passion for space exploration and creating state-of-the-art systems
SpinLaunch is required by the U.S. Government to comply with various space technology export regulations including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident (“green card holder”) as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. More information on ITAR can be found here.
SpinLaunch is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Each individual has the right to work in a professional environment that promotes equal employment opportunity and prohibits discriminatory practices, including harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.