A Day in the Life
You will help change the landscape of the smallsat industry, be an integral and unique part of a close-knit team of individuals operating in a high energy environment, changing the fundamental fabric of how humanity puts things into space. As a Sous Chef, you will be primarily responsible for teaming up with the Head Chef who is responsible for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the 30-45-person crew at our test site. This is a full-time position located at our new New Mexico facility.
Location: Near White Sands Missile Range and Las Cruces, New Mexico
- Help prepare meals with the head Chef for the entire team at the following times: breakfast by 6:45 AM, lunch by 12:00 PM, and dinner by 5:30 PM
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat, etc.)
- Cook food using various utensils or methods
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining the kitchen area daily
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware, and bakeware
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
- Ability to follow kitchen sanitation procedures
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Able to bend, move, and lift 25 pounds or more
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
SpinLaunch is required by the U.S. Government to comply with various space technology export regulations including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident (“green card holder”) as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. More information on ITAR can be found here.
SpinLaunch is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Each individual has the right to work in a professional environment that promotes equal employment opportunity and prohibits discriminatory practices, including harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.