A Day in the Life
- Conduct launch site licensing and spacecraft vehicle licensing with key regulatory and jurisdictional agencies
- Cultivate strategic partnerships across a landscape of key government offices and personnel by conducting meetings, presentations, documentation and relationship management
- Utilize strategic research, planning and decision making to bring projects to life from concept to reality
- Manage internal cross-functional communications with Engineering, Operations, and Product development.
- Evaluating, contracting, and managing vendors, budget and schedules
- Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved
- Organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization
- Identify key requirements needed from cross-functional teams and external vendors
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or in “STEM” related majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- 4+ years of proven excellence and working experience as a Program or Project Manager
- Knowledgeable in the regulations of aerospace access and the associated launch safety systems, licences and policies
- Willing, able and flexible to travel ~25% or as needed, including internationally. Occasionally on short notice.
- Experience working with technical teams, writing statements of work, and contract management
- Excels in prioritizing and organizing key objectives in alignment with company goals
- Understands customer priorities and effectively fosters communication with technical teams to identify feasibility and input on corresponding timelines.
- Proven stakeholder management skills
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Sharepoint
- Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills
- A passion for new space
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Business, Legal or STEM related majors
- Proven experience writing technical papers for aerospace and/or STEM industries
- 3+ years of hard tech or start up program management experience
- Highly skilled in managing multi-million-dollar projects and programs
- Ability to lead a team or have held leadership positions within a government agency
SpinLaunch is required by the U.S. Government to comply with various space technology export regulations including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident (“green card holder”) as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15). More information on ITAR can be found here.
SpinLaunch is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Each individual has the right to work in a professional environment that promotes equal employment opportunity and prohibits discriminatory practices, including harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.