Seeking an Android Mobile Developer to Support Luxury Automotive Solutions
This is a full-time, remote position (due to COVID) working collaboratively with colleagues across the US and Europe.
About Us: We are a global team of innovators solving complex problems through digital experiences. From creatives to software engineers, we leverage UX, digital and brand design, and software engineering that create a range of intelligent SaaS products and custom solutions for some of the world’s top industries. With offices in Munich, Washington D.C., and Montvale, NJ - and team members across the United States and Europe - we are a virtual-first digital experience company. Our teams leverage cutting-edge technologies to drive innovation and solve market needs through cloud-based solutions.
Who You Are: We are looking for an Android Developer to contribute to mobile application design and development. You will work collaboratively with a team of Software Developers and Project Managers to analyze user requirements, contribute to UX, implement designs/logic, integrate with backend system, and setup continuous integration and continuous delivery for App builds. When in front of a screen, you’ve got the forte for writing clean, readable and maintainable code.
What you bring to the team:
- Proven work experience as an Android developer, minimum 1 year (3+ years preferred).
- In-depth knowledge of Android development with Java and Kotlin.
- Understanding of architectural patterns such as MVVM.
- Strong knowledge of accessibility standards and how to design for ADA Compliant applications.
- Experience with the SDLC and agile methodologies.
- Familiarity with OOP design principals.
- Experience with data structures and algorithms.
- Ability to use critical thinking and sound judgement.
- Working knowledge of industry trends and technologies.
- Clear communications style, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with external partners and client stakeholders.
- Having at least one app published in the Google Play Store is a plus.
- Experience with NFC, Google Maps, Navigation, Google Pay, Material Design, View Binging, Hilt, Biometric, Networking/WiFi is a plus.
- eMobility experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in German is a plus but not required for success.
- Ability to commute or travel to Munich, Germany if you are located in Germany or the EU on a regular basis once COVID restrictions are lifted.
Within Your First Month You’ll:
- Learn about S44 and who you will be working with.
- Hit the ground running on an agile Android project.
- Collaborate with developers and project managers to define priorities and set delivery goals.
- Contribute ideas, ask questions, and raise concerns when encountering challenges.
Within 3-6 Months You’ll:
- Feel comfortable navigating your assigned project and continuously leverage your team members to help fill in any gaps of understanding.
- Own major areas of an application or project that you have been assigned.
- Proactively provide and implement recommendations to improve the quality and stability of our applications.
- Contribute to S44’s continuous improvement initiative by bringing fresh ideas and the energy to bring our team to the next level.
What to Expect from Our Selection Process:
While an advanced degree is not required, we seek passionate technologists who possess both technical and soft skills to excel on our team. Our selection process is designed to assess the whole candidate and foster a mutual match for you and us. The process includes:
- Apply by submitting your resume; cover letters are optional.
- The S44 Hiring Team reviews your application.
- If your skills meet the position requirements, you will receive a link to complete a Codility Test. Here we will assess your technical and problem solving skills. Once submitted, a technical team member will grade and rank your test.
- Introductory Video Interview with a member of the S44 Hiring Team to discuss what you are looking for in a role, as well as answer any high level questions about us.
- Virtual Technical Interview using Codility or Microsoft Teams with your future peers, diving into your technical and problem solving skills.
- Final Interview, either video or in-person, to enable our leaders to get to know you and give you the opportunity to share all your burning questions about S44, our culture, and your desired role.
- Please note that applicants will be screened and interviewed by the S44 Hiring Team which has offices in Montvale, NJ and McLean, VA, USA.