This is a full-time, remote position (Due to COVID), working collaboratively with colleagues across the US and Europe.
About Spektrum 44: We are a branding and experience design agency serving reputable clients globally within the automotive, luxury, and tourism industries. With a strong passion for innovation and problem solving, we take a unique approach to our solutions by crossing design with technology. We believe in creating meaningful experiences while always having fun.
Who You Are: We're is looking for a cloud engineer to plan, design and develop cloud-based applications. You will work collaboratively with a team of software developers to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the internal team and our clients. Not only can you help us connect the dots and evolve our cloud capabilities over time, but you’re also evolving your abilities as an engineer and keeping an eye on developments that can support our expansion—and help us implement those, too. You utilize creativity and curiosity to drive new efficiencies, improvements, and enhancements. As a forward-thinker, you are driven by orchestration and automation while always thinking of ways to automate processes.
What you bring to the team:
- Demonstrated experience with cloud development with AWS, Azure, or GCP, minimum of 1.5 years
- Experience with container orchestration tools such as ECS or Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Terraform for infrastructure provisioning
- Hands-on experience with projects that are microservice and serverless driven
- Ability to produce production-level code from scratch in either Java or Python
- Strong awareness of networking, internet protocols, and infrastructure security
- Guide teams concerning emerging cloud technologies and supporting resources
- Collaborate directly with the team, stakeholders, and clients in the design, integration, and implementation of cloud-based solutions
- Have a working knowledge of industry trends and technologies
- Strong communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use critical thinking and sound judgment
- Solid understanding of agile practices and DevOps
- Proficiency in German is a plus but not required for success
- Ability to commute or travel to Munich, Germany if you are located in Germany or the EU regularly once COVID restrictions are lifted
What are the benefits of joining our team? At Spektrum 44, we put our employees first. By choosing a career at Spektrum 44, you will gain the perks of an autonomous and flexible work environment along with access to state-of-the-art hardware and software to complete your job successfully. Enjoy a laid-back, modern workplace with casual dress attire and company celebrations – both in and out of the office! We take pride in offering a competitive compensation model and benefits for everyone.
By submitting an application, you are acknowledging that your data will be transmitted outside the EU to the USA where GDPR does not apply. All applicants will be screened and interviewed by the Sulzer US Hiring Team which has offices in Montvale, NJ and McLean, VA, USA.