This is a full-time, remote position (Due to COVID) working collaboratively with colleagues across Europe and the US.
About Spektrum 44: We are a branding and experience design agency serving reputable clients globally within the automotive, luxury, and tourism industries. With a strong passion for innovation and problem solving, we take a unique approach to our solutions by crossing design with technology. We believe in creating meaningful experiences while always having fun.
Who You Are: We're looking for a Fullstack Software Developer to design and develop various web applications for our products and as part of our service offerings. You will work collaboratively with a team of software developers and project managers to analyze user requirements and drive the implementation and release of features and updates. When in front of a screen, you’ve got the forte for writing clean, readable and maintainable code. With a hunger for all things tech, you will bring an open mind to learning new things as well as a fresh perspective.
What you Bring to the Team:
- Experience with backend programming languages such as Java/JEE and Python.
- Experience with frontend programming languages such as:
- Working knowledge of modern frameworks including React, Angular, and Spring Boot.
- General understanding of algorithms and data structure.
- Ability to use critical thinking and sound judgement.
- Experience interfacing with APIs.
- Working knowledge of industry trends and technologies.
- Familiarity with object-oriented design.
- Ability to troubleshoot production issues across multiple environments and Operating Systems.
- Great communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to speak fluent German is required.
- Ability to commute or travel to Munich, Germany on a regular basis once COVID restrictions are lifted.
Within Your First Month, You’ll:
- Learn about Sulzer US, our business model and product and service offerings.
- Ramp up on our technology stack through peer-led training sessions.
- Begin to write internal documentation for your work so teams are looped in on the latest updates.
- Complete and deploy your first assigned project.
- Contribute ideas, ask questions, and raise concerns when encountering challenges.
Within Your First 6 Months, You’ll:
- Feel more comfortable navigating our tech stack and continuously leverage your team members to help fill in any gaps of understanding.
- Work collaboratively with your manager to identify areas for personal growth and create a plan to improve.
- Own major areas of an application or project that you have been assigned.
Within Your First Year, You’ll:
- Create trusting relationships with our clients, helping to establish Sulzer US as a go-to partner.
- Exhibit a strong understanding of all aspects of the systems that you work on.
- Collaborate with developers and project managers to define priorities and set delivery goals.
- Proactively provide and implement recommendations to improve the quality and stability of our applications.
- Contribute to Sulzer US’ continuous improvement initiative by bringing fresh ideas and the energy to bring our team to the next level.
What are the benefits of joining our team? At Spektrum 44, we put our employees first. By choosing a career at Spektrum 44, you will gain the perks of an autonomous and flexible work environment along with access to state-of-the-art hardware and software to complete your job successfully. Enjoy a laid-back, modern workplace with casual dress attire and company celebrations – both in and out of the office! We take pride in offering a competitive compensation model and benefits for everyone.
By submitting an application, you are acknowledging that your data will be transmitted outside the EU to the USA where GDPR does not apply. All applicants will be screened and interviewed by the Sulzer US Hiring Team which has offices in Montvale, NJ and McLean, VA, USA.