Spekit is the new way to learn in today’s remote, digital workplace. Say goodbye to distracted zoom training sessions and lengthy LMS courses your teams will forget. Instead, Spekit takes all of your training & enablement - for applications, processes, sales playbooks, SOPs and more and embeds that training directly in your employees’ tools & workflows, right when and where they need them. Whether that’s a walkthrough to guide you through creating a quote in Salesforce or a competitor battle card to handle an objection in email, Spekit is your learning companion every step of the way.
The world’s most innovative companies including Uber Freight, Outreach, Snowflake, Southwest Airlines and Udemy leverage Spekit to accelerate onboarding, drive tool adoption increase productivity, remove the friction of change management and fuel the growth of their employees - from anywhere.
With $60M in VC funding from top venture firms including Craft Ventures, Bonfire Ventures and the Foundry Group, Spekit is the rocket ship you’ll want to be on as we reinvent the future of learning at work.
We’re looking for an experienced engineering leader committed to high standards of performance to help support and grow our engineering team and culture! The ideal candidate will have strength in leadership, great technical depth, superior communication & collaboration skills, a high level of integrity and sense of urgency, and a strong desire to help teams solve technical challenges to deliver a product built for both small startups and large enterprise businesses alike.
In this role, you will get a chance to thrive amongst other extremely talented engineers, while learning and working with a diverse team based in the US, Mexico and Pakistan, embracing challenges leading to growth and tapping into new opportunities that will shape the future of learning in the workplace.
What you'll get to do every day:
Our Engineering Managers oversee and lead in the technical direction of our squad’s engineers. While Product Managers are responsible for a squad’s ‘what’/’why’ and Tech Leaders are responsible for the ‘how’, our Engineering Managers are responsible for the “who.”
This Engineering Manager will work closely alongside engineers via 1:1s, pair coding, mentoring, reviewing work and collaborative problem solving. You will partner closely with Product Managers to keep a team moving quickly and effectively toward product outcomes, and are ultimately responsible for the team’s ability to implement quality solutions within given constraints. Most importantly, you will be constantly staying up to date on community conversations (e.g. React version upgrades, new package releases, relevant 3rd party integrations, etc.), and sharing learnings with your team as relevant.
You will continuously cultivate your team health by:
- Ensuring adequate technical resources & skills for success;
- Mentoring & growing squad engineers;
- Removing obstacles to collaboration;
- Cultivating a team culture that fosters thriving & successful engineers.
What you’ll need to be successful on Day 1:
- 8-15+ years of experience in software development and 3-5+ years of experience in a leadership role (either as a tech lead or manager, directly managing software engineers)
- Familiarity with different software development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc)
- Backend or Frontend development experience in modern coding language (React or Python is a plus)
- Passion for scaling an engineering org and codebase
- Demonstrated success in thinking & working strategically
- Results driven; highly capable of executing in a continuously-changing environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
What's in it for you?(PK)
- Multicultural & dynamic environment in fast-growing worldwide business.
- One-of-a-kind company culture: a mixture of open mindset, high dedication, striving for success, and team spirit.
- Amazing team that is committed to the highest standards of performance.
- The chance to help build from the ground up. The hires we’re making now are foundational to our growth as a company!
Things we value, culture-wise
- Team Player. We believe that customer experience starts with your employee experience and as such, we believe in collaboration, transparency, integrity, trust, listening, doing what is right, and always going above and beyond for our team.
- Grit & Growth. We run towards challenges. If something seems unsolvable, it unleashes our persistence, our creativity, and our ability to move through uncertainty to create a solution.
- Positive & Purposeful: We’re a collaborative team of innovators and are always looking to think 3 steps ahead of our competition. We think at scale, imagine what’s possible and then work our way backwards with an MVP approach to everything we do.
- Simple yet Spektacular. We’re in the early stages of building something really great and that requires a lot of hands on deck and a focus on execution. In this journey, we uncover joy in simplicity, obsess over the experience, pivot quickly and always reach for excellence.
- Open-Minded. We are a diverse group of lifelong learners. We approach our work with curiosity and constantly look for ways to improve our products and ourselves, never settling for good enough.
- Work Smart and Be Present: As a startup, it can feel like you’re racing against the clock at all times – where “more” is the only path forward. We believe that you do your best at work when practicing mindfulness, getting the right amount of sleep and prioritizing the things that truly matter in life.
- Enjoy the Journey. Love what you do and who you do it with! We embrace joy and kindness and we bring our authentic selves to work each day. We seek to share our optimism and compassion with everyone around us.
About the Team
At Spekit, we strive to be the change we seek. And the change we seek is a wealth of diversity in technology and the workplace. As a company with two female founders, we know that diverse and inclusive cultures drive innovative results. We’ve committed as an organization to elevate underrepresented minorities in technology through awareness, partnerships and even hosting our own scholarships to do our part in changing the status quo.
If this sounds like the right place for you, we'd love to chat!