Speechify is the easiest way to listen to the world’s information. Articles on the web, documents in the cloud, books on your phone — we absorb the world’s content and help our members listen to it on the go, at their own speed, with tools that make learning easier, deeper, and faster.
Or, put another way: what Spotify has done for audio entertainment we’re doing for audio information. And whatever we’re doing seems to be working: we’re #1 in our category, profitable, and have hockey-stick growth.
We’re looking for a seasoned leader to take our Customer Success organization to the next level. This is a strategic role that will continually assess the needs of our users, driving efficiencies and services that improve productivity. The ideal candidate must be an effective change agent, working with senior leadership to balance customer obsession, speed, cost, and risk to ensure the business is able to realize its objectives. The Head of Customer Success has the responsibility for creating and maintaining a global team, creating a culture of partnership, and leveraging data to continuously improve our team, all while staying aligned with other leaders at Speechify. If you are a candidate who has the ability to cultivate relationships, enjoy being on the customer front lines, and presenting customer needs throughout the organization, then you may be the ideal person for this position.
What You Will Do
- Build a Customer Success organization that provides an outstanding support experience for all users across a wide range of technology, business functions, and customer needs.
- Develop and deliver innovative self-service support strategies that empower and reduce friction for our users.
- Play a customer advocacy role by identifying product enhancements through customer interactions.
- Develop and regularly report on customer success KPIs that measure performance and system adoption.
- Oversee the global customer success budget and headcount, optimizing spend for value and savings.
- Set clear goals and directions, and provide regular feedback on team members’ performance.
- Establish and build relationships with cross-functional partners to enable go-to-market strategies.
- Understand what makes teams successful and what role a leader should play in that process.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have
- 10+ years of relevant experience leading software companies, including building group strategies to support a global, growing customer base.
- Prior experience building a scaled operating model with people, tools, systems, and processes improvements to drive efficiency and effectiveness across the customer lifecycle.
- An entrepreneurial & innovative approach to problem-solving.
- Prior experience setting a firm strategy and plan to outline the large-scale strategic initiatives with a critical focus on recurring revenue metrics to measure and monitor the success of the customer success team.
- Excellent communication skills, detail-oriented mentality, and demonstrated ability to follow through on complex projects.
- Comfort with a fast-paced work environment at a rapidly evolving organization.
- Experience and comfort interacting with senior leaders.
- A healthy skepticism for the status quo and an unwillingness to settle.
- Experience empowering the team and leading with empathy and integrity.
- A fast-growing environment where you can help shape the company and the product.
- An entrepreneurial crew that supports risk, intuition, and hustle.
- A hands-off approach so you can focus and do your best work.
- The opportunity to make an impact in a transformative industry.
- A competitive salary, a collegiate atmosphere, and a commitment to building a great asynchronous culture.
Think you’re suited for this job? Tell us about yourself, why you're interested in the role and include links to your portfolio and LinkedIn.
Not looking but know someone ideal for the role? Refer them! We’ll send you (really good) chocolate if we make the hire.