Speechify is the easiest way to listen to the world’s information. Articles on the web, documents in the cloud, books on your phone—we absorb the world’s content and help our members listen to it on the go, at their own speed, with tools that make learning easier, deeper, and faster.
Or, put another way: what Spotify has done for audio entertainment we’re doing for audio information. And whatever we’re doing seems to be working: we’re #1 in our category, profitable, and have hockey-stick growth.
This is a key role and ideal for someone who thinks strategically, enjoys high-pace environments, passionate about owning product decisions and has experience building and scaling complex engineering systems.
Some of the things you’ll do:
- Actively ship production code to the Speechify Chrome extension and web products
- Work closely with your dedicated product team
- Participate in product discussions to shape the product roadmap
- Have the opportunity to work on new and exciting features that will impact millions of lives
To succeed here, you’ll need:
- Experience. You've built and ship products that have scaled to thousands or millions of users
- Customer obsession. You are passionate about the field and have the desire to build high quality product that serves customer needs
- Speed. You work quickly to generate ideas and know how to decide which things can ship now and what things need time
- Focus. We’re a high-growth startup with a busy, remote team. You know how and when to engage or be heads down
- Collaboration. You know how to inspire, play, and negotiate with opinionated designers, marketers, and PMs
- Tech Stack: Vanilla JS, ReactJS, Redux, RxJS, Firebase, (optional) Typescript
- A fast-growing environment where you can help shape the culture
- An entrepreneurial crew that supports risk, intuition, and hustle
- A hands-off approach so you can focus and do your best work
- The opportunity to make an impact in a transformative industry
- A competitive salary, a collegiate atmosphere, and a commitment to building a great asynchronous culture
Think you’re suited for this job? Tell us about yourself, why you're interested in the role, and include links to your portfolio and LinkedIn.
Not looking but know someone ideal for the role? Refer them! We’ll send you (really good) chocolate if we make the hire.