Specright is looking for a inspired Vice President of Sales to jump into a ‘roll-up-you-sleeves’ role to drive market awareness, positioning and top line growth for Specright, an enterprise SaaS-based specification data management platform. You would be joining a team of thoughtful technologists and packaging experts, already delivering solutions to clients like Dow Chemical, J&J Snack Foods, Fiji Water, and other marquee F1000 brands.
The ideal candidate would have previously scaled organizations over a minimal number of years (preferable for an early stage enterprise software company), and has built teams to achieve rapid and repeatable growth post product market fit.
- Continue to validate product market fit and develop and execute growth strategies with the executive team and board of directors
- Establish both short-term results and long-term strategy, including revenue forecasting
- Lead sales management and team, driving towards revenue and profitability goals
- Manage the revenue pipeline and leads across multiple product lines; iterating and refining the roadmap based on customer feedback
- Monitor the strategies and processes across the revenue cycle from customer acquisition to engagement to success
- Create accountability within the company by developing appropriate metrics and coordinating compensation and promotions with these metrics
- Fill management gaps by building and training individuals and teams in Sales, Marketing, Finance and Account Management
- Ensure a “lean startup” style environment of constant experimentation and learning
- Leverage customer research (quantitative and qualitative) to provide strategic leadership for brand architecture and positioning
- Min of 5+ years of experience in revenue, business, marketing, sales management
- Deep exposure to driving vertical SaaS, enterprise software and data products
- MBA or Master’s degree preferred but not required
- Significant and recent experience in an operating and growth leadership role with direct experience selling and marketing technology to Fortune 500 manufacturers of goods.
- Proven and successful track record of organizing and growing sales teams at scale, starting with an existing team of a handful of inside reps.
- Highly energetic personality, mission driven, goal-oriented leader
- Self-starter, ability to develop, execute and implement revenue and growth strategies and tactics with a lean team and budget
- Comfort driving a market-creating product solution
- Critical thinker: strategic and highly analytical
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to turn vision into strategy and generate alignment across the full team
- Professional – unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character
- Experience implementing and optimizing sales automation systems (e.g. Salesforce)
Specright offers cloud-based software (SaaS) for specification data management to Fortune 1000 companies with complex needs. Whether it’s packaging, formulas or products, Specright helps companies reduce costs and empower efficiencies by sharing, analyzing and auditing specifications.
Specright is disrupting the $1 Trillion packaging acquisition and specifications industry. Our customers typically manage thousands to 10s of thousands of product SKU’s. Currently, most rely on PDFs, spreadsheets, emails, phone calls and less than user-friendly ERP / PLM systems to manage all aspects of their specification needs--from procurement to quality assurance. We believe that access to accurate specification data, plus the intelligence to make data-driven decisions is critical in today’s operating environment.
Although we are an early stage company, we have well-known companies as customers that believe what we believe. Companies like Dow Chemical, Johnson & Johnson, Flowers Foods (Wonder Bread, Nature's Own), The Wonderful Company (FIJI Water, Justin Wines), and J&J Snack Foods (Icee, Super Pretzel) trust us with their critical specification information, and rely on us to help them access the full power of that information to operate more efficiently.
Specright has a deep bench of product and packaging experts, and experienced technologists. Leadership has grown and sold successful packaging and technology companies, raised multiple rounds of VC capital including two rounds for Specright from select and prominent VC groups--we are well-funded and backed by some of the best.
Specright is headquartered in Irvine, CA. Preferred candidates live within commuting distance to Irvine, or are flexible to relocate.
We are an energetic company with an entrepreneurial, informal, versatile, intelligent, and fast-paced culture. We promote an open and relatively flat organization with an emphasis on collaboration, sharing ideas and information. It’s more important to innovate, than worry about making mistakes.
- Competitive salaries & equity packages
- Open vacation policy & Flexible work hours
- Full benefits package that includes medical, vision, life, dental, 401k, etc