Specright is looking for a Product Manager to work directly with our CEO to develop packaging strategy and manage the product development roadmap. Set a clear and compelling vision and over time, as the product grows, have the opportunity to build and manage a team. Partner with us now as our proven product-market fit starts to fuel rapid expansion.
- Lead the customer development process to determine the next best markets to enter and the products that will best capture the market opportunity
- Analyze and integrate external customer specifications.
- Suggest and justify product directions and specifications.
- Specify, design and implement changes to existing software architecture.
- Suggest new products and development tools.
- Communicate with engineering to discuss plan and changes to functionality.
- Experience working with sales professionals to develop a keen understanding of customer needs.
- Drive the product development process from ideation to launch – document requirements, work closely with designers on mockups, and project-manage feature development
- 5-7 years as a product manager, with experience performing analysis and B2B customer development
- Experience implementing lean startup techniques to quickly iterate on new ideas to drive leads and increase sales
- An entrepreneurial attitude to proactively take on projects and execute on them with little direction.
- Managing a technically complex solution to Fortune 1000 product manufacturers/ working with or for a company that designs and makes products for the marketplace
- Success in an early-stage tech startup environment with Enterprise/ SaaS experience
- Strong analytical background to seek data driven rigor in decision-making.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- BA/BS degree
Specright offers cloud-based software (SaaS) for specification data management to Fortune 1000 companies with complex needs. Whether it’s packaging, formulas or products, Specright helps companies reduce costs and empower efficiencies by sharing, analyzing and auditing specifications.
Specright is disrupting the $1 Trillion packaging acquisition and specifications industry. Our customers typically manage thousands to 10s of thousands of product SKU’s. Currently, most rely on PDFs, spreadsheets, emails, phone calls and less than user-friendly ERP / PLM systems to manage all aspects of their specification needs--from procurement to quality assurance. We believe that access to accurate specification data, plus the intelligence to make data-driven decisions is critical in today’s operating environment.
Although we are an early stage company, we have well-known companies as customers that believe what we believe. Companies like Dow Chemical, Johnson & Johnson, Flowers Foods (Wonder Bread, Nature's Own), The Wonderful Company (FIJI Water, Justin Wines), and J&J Snack Foods (Icee, Super Pretzel) trust us with their critical specification information, and rely on us to help them access the full power of that information to operate more efficiently.
Specright has a deep bench of product and packaging experts, and experienced technologists. Leadership has grown and sold successful packaging and technology companies, raised multiple rounds of VC capital including two rounds for Specright from select and prominent VC groups--we are well-funded and backed by some of the best.
Specright is headquartered in Irvine, CA. Preferred candidates live within commuting distance to Irvine, or are flexible to relocate.
We are an energetic company with an entrepreneurial, informal, versatile, intelligent, and fast-paced culture. We promote an open and relatively flat organization with an emphasis on collaboration, sharing ideas and information. It’s more important to innovate, than worry about making mistakes.
- Competitive salaries & equity packages
- Open vacation policy & Flexible work hours
- Full benefits package that includes medical, vision, life, dental, 401k, etc