Leadership Development Program | Product Management Track
Associate Product Manager
Product enthusiast with a passion for organization
Do you get stoked on building meaningful and innovative products that inspire cyclists? Do you enjoy the challenge of collaborating with cross-functional teams to help develop and roll-out ground breaking products? Do you thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environments? Would people say you are passionate about working as hard as you play? If you were able to answer “yes” to these questions, we want to talk to you!
In the Product Management LDP, you will work alongside product managers, industrial and graphic designers, engineers, marketing managers, test lab technicians, and vendors to gain a broad view of our product lines, development processes, operations and go-to-market strategies. By the end of your first two years, you will learn the ropes of the business and build your career by taking on increasing responsibility for projects under the guidance of senior product managers.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Develop proficiency and aid in improving our internal processes, PLM tools, and product development/launch cycles
- Establish cross-functional partnerships with product managers, engineers, designers, product developers, graphic designers, and marketing
- Brainstorm new concepts and ideas for our products and work to gain insight for the needs of all riders
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH IN YOUR FIRST 6 MONTHS:
- Maintain and report on the Master Product list
- Develop technical expertise and knowledge of our product line
- Manage the accuracy of Specialized’s consumer and B2B website content
- Provide support for product shows and presentations, including annual Retailer Event
- Develop rapport with vendors and ensure product timelines by visiting factories
- Align packaging and product timelines, process orders and assist in test labs
- Coordinate product photo shoots and development sessions
- Maintain our connection with riders and retailers by making shop visits
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Proven track record of developing project plans, prioritizing and seeing them through to completion in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong analytical skills with an in-depth understanding of market trends and a knack for foreseeing shifts
- Ability to communicate articulately with internal and external stakeholders, including vendors and foreign contacts – a natural communicator, both written and oral
- Maintain an “all hands on deck” mindset in order to get the job done and immediately tackle the next project - you embrace every task as a chance to show how awesome you are!
- Capability to assemble equipment and parts
- Stellar computer skills, including: database management, graphic programs, Microsoft Office and Oracle
- Bachelor’s degree and bicycle retail experience are highly desirable
- Experience in a manufacturing or engineering company, developing products in coordination with manufacturers – bonus points for bicycle or a recreation-related industry
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes help make the world a better place. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation. Around the world, we work to recruit candidates who are passionate and curious with the belief that everyone has the potential to be a leader.