POSITION: Design Engineer
REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager
In this position you will work in our Engineering team collaborating with manufacturing, product managers, test labs, and factories to create new bike designs for production. You will be responsible for coordinating project documents and communicating design intent to ensure the product delivered exceeds the expectations of our rider.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- Engineer meaningful and innovative products that inspire cyclists & lead the industry.
- Team collaboration with engineers, product managers, developers, graphic designers, and marketing.
- Brainstorming new concepts and ideas for our products and work to gain insight for the needs of all riders.
- International travel to supplier factories throughout Asia and to our US headquarters as required.
- Take responsibility for new projects from concept through production and all phases in between.
- Create a schedule to organize your work and maintain a list of deliverables for on-time production delivery.
- Create 3D models of new products using Pro Engineer (Creo). Work with Specialized teams and manufacturers to iterate through design reviews as required.
- Analysis of new designs as needed.
- Responsible for the 2D drawings of all engineered parts and assemblies.
- Use and apply GD&T to 2D drawings.
- Work closely with our manufacturing and quality teams at supplier factories to get all required tooling created and functioning properly.
Product Testing & Approval:
- Coordinate prototype delivery schedule for testing phases (lab testing and field testing).
- Create and manage test plans for your project and be responsible for ensuring the project meets all relevant testing standards before release to production.
- Work with test lab technicians and engineers to decipher test results and iterate the product through design changes as required.
- Research and design new tests as needed.
- Coordinate with the project manager to maintain project and deliverable deadlines according to the overall project schedule.
- Follow correct procedures and communicate with supplier factories, manufacturing engineers, and quality engineers to prepare all project stakeholders for mass production.
- Conduct pilot runs as needed with factories to prove out the production readiness of the project.
Engineering Team Continuous Improvement:
- Work with engineering team to improve and document new processes and help to grow the abilities of the entire team.
- Work with the quality, manufacturing, and testing teams on identifying root causes of testing and manufacturing issues to help provide suggested product improvements.
- Perform other duties as required.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO WIN:
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Hands on machine shop skills using lathe, mill, welder, and other machine shop equipment.
- Experience with solid modeling CAD software
- Avid cyclist and bike mechanic
- Good verbal and written communication skills in Chinese and English are very important working in our fast paced environment.
- Pro Engineer (Creo) skill and experience: Pro Engineer (Creo) is our standard at Specialized. Ability to use surfacing features in this software is highly desirable.
- Mechanica/FEA, Labview, Matlab are desirable.
Specialized is the global leader in the designing and manufacturing of high performing technologically advanced bicycles, components and cycling apparel for world champion riders and cycling enthusiasts. Founded in 1974 and headquartered in Morgan Hill, California, Specialized is a global company with offices throughout the world.
To apply for this position please visit www.specialized.com