Product lover who’s an aficionado at detail and organization
Are you a highly-organized person who loves working with product and pushing the limits of innovation? Do you enjoy the challenge of dreaming up new ideas and finding ways to build them alongside a team? Specialized is looking for an experienced and passionate footwear development manager to join the team and help create world-class product. Our aim is to challenge the norm, be different and strive to make product that feels great, looks beautiful and provides a performance advantage that elevates our brand above the rest. We set our sights high and are looking for the right person to join our journey to get there.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Develop Next-Generation Footwear Innovation: Work closely with advanced R&D group and biomechanists to seek out and develop leading-edge footwear innovations. Work with world-class designers to find ways to innovate in materials, process and function.
- Manage Development Program: Be the leader in footwear development. Work closely with product design and product management to take concepts through commercialization. Be the leader of all footwear development projects and work closely with international teams to prototype, build and commercialize industry-leading footwear.
- Fit and wear testing: Manage program and team to accurately test all new products for fit and durability.
- Seek out new technologies: Combining expertise with emerging technologies, work to challenge the norm, innovate and push the limits in footwear. Travel to tradeshows, factories and suppliers to investigate new technology opportunities. Work with our Innovation Center to prototype. Become the materials expert.
- Process Optimization: Continually find opportunities to improve design and development processes.
- Costing: be the leader in costing and own the development gates to hit targets. Work closely with Asia and Morgan Hill teams to coordinate product changes.
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Ability to think out of the box and help set a new path; embrace change.
- Ability to work with passion, curiously dig for answers not obviously found and do it all with a humble attitude.
- Ability to communicate with detail, ensuring very clear direction and expectations to all team members.
- Experience in cost negotiations.
- Knowledge of materials; plastics, composites, textiles, construction techniques, advanced tooling, bonding, etc.
- Experience developing and tracking footwear projects, meeting delivery, cost and innovation targets.
- Ability to work fluidly with factories and vendors; communicate forecasts clearly and accurately.
- Experience contributing to design reviews and ability to provide feedback and give direction based on production capabilities and costing.
- Ability to work in very detailed product management systems.
- Incredible listening skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally, 6-7 times per year.
- Ability to attend tradeshows internationally.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Passionate cyclist
- 5+ years in footwear development
- Knowledge of cycling footwear technical details
- Expert in Excel
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes help make the world a better place. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth, and innovation. Around the world, we work to recruit candidates who are passionate and curious with the belief that everyone has the potential to be a leader.